Chapter 25

[Nightfang's POV]

I looked at Hollyblossom as she walked out of the warrior's den. She was so pretty! I wished I could have the nerve to ask her to be my mate though. Sadly I was way to shy with her around. I barely talked or anything. As I watched her I felt my heart beating out of my chest. I had to silently tell myself not to get to excited. I might ask her today. I wasn't sure yet. I wanted to tell her when she became a warrior but she was to interested in talking to her siblings then talking to me! I watched her as she got a small rabbit form the food kill pile and went to sit under the big tree that hung over the camp. I took a couple big breathes before starting to walk over there. I had to be as brave as possible now. I couldn't be seen as weak in front of her or she might reject me!

Just as I got over there she looked up and saw me. "Oh, hi Nightfang." She purred a little in her greeting. I wasn't sure if the purr was just for me or she did that when she talked to everyone. Well, only one way to find out.

"Hey Hollyblossom. I just wanted to ask you something really quickly." I said looking into her light Amber eyes. They were so light they didn't even look Amber. They looked more like a pinkish color. They were pretty that way though. She curled her black tail around her paws as she looked up to me.

"What is it?" She asked softly. Her voice was like cotton! That's how incredible soft it was. I had to tell myself in my head to stop a couple of time. I took a small breath so I didn't look so nervous in front of her.

"Hollyblossom, you are the prettiest shecat I've ever seen. I really feel like I love you. When you were an apprentice, I couldn't wait till you were a warrior. I waited every day hoping that Heronstar would call a meeting so you could be a warrior. I was so foolish to wait this long for this question but here it goes. Hollyblossom, would you like to be my beautiful mate?" I said. I looked down to her trying not to pressure her. I took a couple of small breathes. I couldn't wait to see what she said.

She opened her mouth then closed it. I looked down for a second until she opened her mouth again. "I would love to Nightfang." She purred getting up and licked my cheek. I purred and nuzzled her glad she was finally my mate. I finally had a mate even. I didn't think this day would ever come! I was so sure that some other tom would ask her to be their mate before me. That is why I had to to do it today.

"Thank you." I purred softly and licked the top of her head affectionately. I was so glad to finally have her. She laid back down and I laid by her. She ate a little more before pushing what was left to me. I smiled and gladly ate the rest. She smiled, leaned against me closing her eyes and closed her eyes going to sleep.

------------------

I hoped you liked it! I'm like writing cute romantic stuff and during this chapter and the last one Shinyfall had her kits. I really didn't want to write it so I used two other cats to take up the time so I didn't have to. Maybe the next chapter will have her and her new kits in it! There are 5 kits and one of them plays an important part for later. They all do really but the one does especially. I hope you liked it and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!