Chapter One

If you're interested in this book I'd advise adding it to your library and reading it once the full thing has been edited. Seriously. I'm not proud of this book.

This book is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author's imagination, or have been used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual person living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental.

The uploading, scanning, and distribution of this book in any form by any means - including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise - without the permission of the author is illegal and punishable by law 🚫. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

This book has not been edited therefore please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

✔This story is marked as mature and I would advise anyone who was not of the appropriate age to consider another story choice. This book will contain bad language, sexual references, violence, mental illness references, and smut; read at own risk‼

Sapphires P.O.V

"Life goes on... Whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown. Or stay behind. locked in the past, thinking of what could've been..."

My heels made a satisfying click as they hut the tiled floor of the office building, many people rushing to get back to work with wide eyes as they saw my approaching figure.

I restrained myself from rolling my eyes as one of the office workers nearly fell over in her heels trying to get back to her position behind the desk, her eyes frantic as she stared at me in horror.

"Busy as always Sarah," I muttered softly as her cheeks turned crimson. It was no secret that the girl spent more time gossiping at the other side of the office than doing any work.

"Yes boss," she replied immediately, straightening her posture to look professional.

I didn't pay my workers to slack off, I still had to remember why I didn't fire the girl years ago. My eyes gave her a silent warning as I walked the final distance to my office, shutting the door behind me as I sighed in devastation at the huge pile of paper work neatly sitting on my desk.

Small, soft knocks interrupted my glaring contest with the paper work as I sighed in relief.

"Come in Layla," I shouted through the room loud enough for her to hear me as the door opened slowly. A timid Layla appearing like a goddess with my caffeine heaven in her hands.