Chapter Thirty-two

The ropes bit into my skin making me wince as I tried once again to get myself loose from the restraints Peter had locked me in. My body covered in my underwear and one of his shirts he insisted I wore, tearing my clothing from me whilst I was still woozy from the drugs.

My throat was raw from the screaming, my eyes stung from the crying, my writs burned where the broken skin peeled due to the ropes. 

I had no idea where I was, the hot temperature surrounding me giving the impression he hadn't gone too far from the island. Every time I woke the cloth would be shoved back into my face, holding me captive until I breathed the horribleness into my lungs.

My eyes stung with new tears as I cried, not for my life but for Dariens. Every time my eyes closed I could see his body fall to the floor. I could of tried to save him, been with him at least but Peter dragged me away before I could say goodbye to the man I loved. The man who always held a place in my heart.

The comfortable sheets underneath my body irritated me to no end, the thought of even feeling slightly comfortable repulsed me as I once again pulled at my wrists in a failed attempt to free myself, ignoring the harsh burning as I let out a cry of frustration.

I didn't care that Peter would more than likely kill me, punish me if I even tried to run. Everything I loved had been broken, I no longer cared. All I wanted was to see Darien one last time, let his family know where his body was. 

Guilt settled within me knowing I had dragged him into this mess. If I stayed away from Peter like he warned me none of this would have happened, he would still be alive. I would still be telling him to fuck off even though my heart cried out for him, scream at him even though I loved being near him. I should of told him sooner, I shouldn't of pushed him away so much. 

Reflecting back I could still see him kissing her as I came to the bottom of the stairs, still see the anger in his eyes as he held her a little too tightly as my brother ran out the kitchen holding my birthday cake. The words still wounded me but he wasn't the full cause of my depression. Growing up without loving parents messed me up, like it did with many people. The bullying and the bad press already had me depressed, when he left it just sent me over. He was the last string of happiness then he left me.

I was already broken before he left I just wouldn't admit it. I tried to overdose on my mothers sleeping pills when I was younger, before Darien even came into my life. I was a broken little girl all along.

Light shone into the window as I tore my angry gaze away from the ropes, surveying the room I was being held captive in. Apart from the window there was no other escape other than from the door that I was assuming led into a corridor. A corridor that Peter would probably be in, if not I would more than likely have to pass him on the way to the main door. 

The room consisted of a double bed, a chair in the far corner beside the window, a small wardrobe and a bedside table with a side lamp. Nothing I could use to fight him off, nothing that would help me escape from the monster.

Feeling pathetic I forced myself to pull harder on the restraints, not caring about the wounds. My body had began to feel numb, the deep sadness setting within me as I let out a scream of anger.