Chapter Twenty-seven

I didn't look as Darien carried me through the home, I didn't bother to ask where he was taking me as I clung to him. Feeling sick as flashbacks of Kieran touching me flooded my brain as I shook in Dariens arms. His name wasn't even Kieran it was Peter, I didn't even know the name of the man that I began to fall for.

"Please, get him off me," I cried, pushing my face into his chest as his hold on me tightened. He never said a word as he pushed one of the doors open, carefully holding me against him as my skin became prickly with the heat from the island and his body. Ignoring the discomfort to be safe in his arms.

The sound of water had me lifting my head from Darien as he sat me on the tiled floor of the luxurious bathroom that looked out onto the sea. With the darkness of the night all I could see was the stars in the black sky. The beauty of it all calming my senses as the dress fell from my body before I could protest.

Dariens careful hands removing my clothing ever so gently as I stood still, allowing him to strip me until I was bare in front of him

Dariens careful hands removing my clothing ever so gently as I stood still, allowing him to strip me until I was bare in front of him. His eyes attached to mine tenderly the full time as the tears rolled down my cheeks. I should of ran and covered myself but I couldn't, I knew he was going to help me despite the multiple feelings running through me.

"I'm going to get him off you treasure," he whispered softly, hooking his arms under my bare knees to pick me up once again, my naked skin rubbing against his clothing as he carried me to the shower. Anger was evident in his voice as I looked away from him, I was disgusted with myself to let a murderer touch me in such an intimate way. With the look in Dariens eyes I knew he was too.

The warm water tingled my skin as I sighed in content, feeling like all the crap from today was running down the drain as I tilted my head back, letting the water hit my face.

Taking his shoes and socks off Darien got into the shower with me as I stood stiffly, allowing the water to flow over my naked body. I couldn't do anything, I wanted to be sick and at the same time find the bastard and put a knife through his neck. Though, watching the water run over Darien, making his hair wet and running down his face, I needed holy water for my sins.

Grabbing the soak Darien stood towards me carefully, as if expecting me to back away from him as I stood still. I was going to regret this tomorrow.

"Where did he touch you?" he questioned roughly, the water soaking his clothed body as I cried under the water. I just wanted to forget about him, forget about everyone and everything.

"Everywhere," I mumbled, feeling numb despite the heat. The churning of my stomach as I held back the need to be sick.

Darien shook his head in disgust and anger as a string of profanities left his mouth making more tears fall. 

"I will get him off," rubbing the soap onto me he started with my arms, running right down to my finger tips before trailing back up, washing my breasts tenderly before my stomach and then down to where I wanted cleaned the most. Where he shouldn't of ever been aloud to touch, I was a sinner for letting a man like him touch me. It would take more than soap and water to take him away from me.