Chapter Six

"Passion is the drunkenness of the mind.."

Elisa watched me from the corner of her eyes as I paced my living room, the covers for our fort completely forgotten about.

How could my life get so complicated in 24 hours. Why did he have to reappear in my life once again. I was completely fine without him, or so I kept telling myself.

Elisa knew not to speak to me when I was like this, only twice have I acted in such way and both were for horrible reasons.

My phone continuously vibrated with calls, texts and emails. I refused to look at the now cracked screen encase it was him again.

God only knows how many meetings I missed today, how many times the office had phoned but I couldn't risk looking at the screen.

"Could you phone Layla for me and ask her to cancel everything and to apologize for missing meetings?" I pleaded to me best friend as she quickly pulled her phone from her handbag to do what I should have the guts to do.

It didn't take long before Elisa was screaming down the phone about how she didn't give a fuck about what had to be done and procedures.

"I don't care. Its her company if she doesn't want to come she won't," she huffed, hanging up before Layla could reply from the other side.

My stomach churned with guilt at the thought of leaving poor little Layla with all my workload and angry businessmen. Maybe I should of just went in late like I was planning on doing but what would stop him coming to my office?

"Can you explain yet?" Elisa questioned in a soft voice as she tried not to piss me off further.

"Darien," his name leaving my mouth made nausea rise within me. The love I had for the man was long gone, vanished the day he broke me. A deep unhealthy hate settled in my heart.

"That explains the amount of men surrounding your house," she giggled as she pulled my curtains back, gazing dreamily at the hunks on my lawn. Even in a state like this the girl was still an idiot.

As soon as I got over the initial shock from Dariens phone call I rang my dad on my house phone, demanding extra security. He happily sent over more men than I needed as I thanked Zeus that he was too busy with his mistresses to ask questions; too eager to get off the phone.

"Your drooling a little," I muttered dryly as she continued to stare at the men like they were going to be her last meal. "Maybe I should tell Andrew about this," I chuckled lightly as her eyes bulged slightly, her mouth falling open as a shocked gasp left her pouting mouth.

"It's the hormones!" she huffed as she pouted slightly, looking a mixture of lustful, angry and sad. Reminding myself not to get pregnant for a long time. I was already a bitch never mind with crazy hormones. 

The thought of a little baby had a small smile pulling at my lips, the thought of a little human being growing inside of me. I would show it the love my parents never showed me, shower it with cuddles and kisses.