Chapter Thirty-nine

With a concerned expression covering his face he all but ran to me, he stepped over the dead man directly in front of me before he crouched down so his face was close to mine.

His hand traced down my blood soaked arm before it gently wrapped around my fingers. Carefully he removed the gun from my trembling hands with care as I stared up at him, he had found me.

"Are you hurt?" my vision blurred with tears, physically or emotionally? I was both but all I felt was numb now. The murders I had committed were taking an effect, my emotions had shut off.

Shaking my head slowly I wasn't going to tell him I was hurt, I couldn't; I didn't know anymore.

Nevertheless his eyes scanned my body for evidence of any injuries, he didn't believe me. I must of looked terrifying to him, sitting on the forest floor surrounded by dead bodies and covered in blood and dirt.

Once satisfied he shot me a tight smile before he carefully hooked one arm under my knees and another at the base of my back.

With care he lifted me from the ground, his bare chest pressed against my shivering body as I relaxed slightly.

"I'm not even going to ask," he mumbled as he stepped over the man I had stabbed in the neck. The man whose eyes were still wide open in terror as a cry left my mouth.

"You had no choice," pulling me closer he placed a kiss to my head as I shut my eyes tightly, I could still hear him crying in pain, still hear his last breath. I was the reason for so much death.

"We better get you cleaned up," walking in a different direction that I had ran in he took me further from the house, the house that Donatello was trapped within. It was highly unlikely that Peter was stupid enough to stay in the one location, especially after taking my brother.

"My brothers?" my voice came out rough as I coughed slightly, the pain making me wince as I swallowed the little saliva I had within my dry mouth. I couldn't bare the answer as I clenched my teeth together waiting for his response.

Looking up at him I realized the damage for the first time, his face was patched with angry bruises as well as sporting a burst lip to match. His bare chest was also covered in bruises and several clean cuts that looked like those from a blade.