Chapter Fourteen

I present to you... Kieran (Jensen Ackles)

Sitting in front of my mother was something I rarely enjoyed and today was no different as her scrutinizing eyes examined my appearance once again. Judgment clear in her eyes as her mouth stayed in a permanent frown as I tried to remember why I even agreed to meet her in the first place.

"You should wear more conservative clothing," she criticized, her eyes on my chest area as I instantly looked down at my choice of clothing. My body covered in a tight black dress that came just below my knees, the top half showing some cleavage but not too much to be deemed unsuitable for work. A black and white striped blazer covering my arms, shoulders and the majority of my chest area with my white stilettos cuddling my feet like slippers.

I admit I did just throw on the first thing my hand came in contact with this morning after all it was a Monday but I didn't see what was wrong with my choice.

"You will attract the wrong type of man dressed like that," she sneered, taking a sip of her coffee as I prayed to Zeus it would burn her throat on the way down. Disabling her ability to utter another word to me.

"A man like my father," I thought to myself as I bit my tongue, not wanting to make a scene in a restaurant. Sending a tight smile her way instead as I picked up the menu, hiding my glare from the world.

"Are you not speaking to me now?" her irritating voice had me placing the menu back onto the table, fixing my posture as I made a mental note not the throw the sharp knife that was placed beside me at her face.

"Why am I here mother," I asked calmly although on the inside my nerves were shaking, I hated being near the woman nothing good ever came from her. She was evil in many of her manipulative ways. Not to mention I had a lot of work in the office to do after spending the weekend sulking around the house.

"Always straight to the point," she tutted, shaking her head in displeasure, "I came to talk about the relationship between Darien and yourself," she smiled tightly, her eyes going back to her menu as I tried not to scream at her in front of so many people. It would ruin the perfect family picture her and my father painted to onlookers.

"There is no relationship mother, you all made sure of that a long time ago," I grumbled, desperate for the waiter to come and collect our orders so I could get my food and leave.

"Stop being so dramatic and living in the past Sapphire, it isn't cute anymore," my anger flared as I eyed the knife that was close to my trembling hand, "so not worth it," the sane part of me repeated several times in my mind as I took controlling breaths.

"I am not being dramatic mother, I was depressed and had a mental breakdown which I have just recovered from but there will always be emptiness within me. Depression is not cute mother it slowly kills you," I whispered harshly across the table as she let out a small gasp.

"We do not talk about that Sapphire."

"Why not, ashamed that your daughter went on a downwards spiral after what you done to her? You may have been able to keep it from the press but that doesn't mean it didn't happen mother," I scoffed, rolling my eyes at how blind she was to everything that didn't involve her and the boys of course.

"We are not here to talk about your issues, there is more important things to discuss," her disapproving look was something I was used to, it was the look she always gave me after all. The only thing she approved of was my money but even then if you asked her the boys outshine me in every possible way.