Epilogue

"You are safe now my treasure, I will never let you go," his breath was warm on my already clammy skin as he carried me from the murder zone

"You are safe now my treasure, I will never let you go," his breath was warm on my already clammy skin as he carried me from the murder zone. The screams of fallen men echoed in my ears as I tried desperately not to cry out. Through all the cries his still rang in my ears the loudest, the man I wanted to brutally murder with my bare hands.

I did not have the strength nor the mentality, my body ached with every movement in Dariens arms as my consciousness began to fade.

Soft murmurs left his mouth as he began to hum to me, a song he used to sing when we were younger. The song he used to hum whenever we lay together in the sun, holding each other as we bathed in the heat.

"I love you," it seemed to be they words that were the finalization to my exhaustion as my body gave up the fight for consciousness. I love you too played on my tongue but I had no energy to utter the words, my body was in limbo as I let his soft whispers drown me to sleep.

I saw glimpses, the back seat of a jeep as I was held in strong arms. Trees flying past the car window as the car sped quickly down the road. The delicious smell of Darien calming me. The quick and gentle movement of Darien lifting me before running into a building.

A groan slipped past my lips as I awoke with an ache in my body, everywhere pained as I tried to move only to realize I was restrained.

Thinking the worst my eyes flew open in a frantic worry as I clawed at the arm around me, the arm that held me captive. A whimper came from my mouth as I screamed, the ear piercing scream that could break glass. He had got me again. Peter.

"No!" I cried as my nails pierced the skin of the muscular arm drawing blood.

Strong fingers gripped my chin, a forefinger and thumb firmly pulling my face to theirs. I couldn't look at him again, I couldn't bare to see his face.

"Stop," I cried as I pressed my eyes together, I couldn't see him again. I couldn't.

"Treasure," the soft voice brushed across my face as I let out a whimper, he sounded like my Dairen. He was playing tricks on me. Everything was a trick.

"Look at me love," his arm loosened around my body as I sat rigid, my body too frozen in fear to move.

"Please," his forehead pressed against mine as my body calmed naturally to a gentle touch.

"I would never hurt you," my eyes opened before I could stop them as I came face to face with a very concerned Darien. His eyes held tears as he pulled me closer in his arms. His lips connecting to my cheek as I stared at him in awe.

"Darien," I breathed, it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. He had came for me. Him and my brothers.

"You're real," I breathed out as I brought my shaking hand up to his stubled face. My finger tips brushing over his skin was almost like a realization, that it hadn't been another one of my dreams that had came every night in Peters capture. This was real.