X, Y & Z

"Please Zo! I know this is asking a lot of you, but I just really need this favor!" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"6 months?" 

"I know its a while, but the house is going under renovations and I wont be there and I know theres more than enough room in this lonely home." I sighed at Ava. She sure knew how to subtly insult me. I knew she disapporved of my reserved lifestyle, but what do you expect from a writer?

"Fine. The guest house is all his." Ava squealed and basically jumped in my arms and I couldnt help but chuckle. 

"Thank you so much! It makes me feel so good knowing that he has somewhere to stay for these next couple months. Xav will be here first thing tomorrow morning!"

The things I do for family.

***

DING DONG!

Groggily I stumbled out of bed. I hated how my hair was so wild, but my sleepiness overshadowed any embarrassment I would feel once I reached the front door. I yanked open the door and met the golden eyes of my sister's fiancee.

He looked shocked by my appearance and I saw his eyes snap up to my face. I mentally gave him extra brownie points for not checking me out and having self control. I knew it was a risk wearing the Victoria Secret Pink shorts and a matching Nike sports bra, but I was too hot in this Atlanta weather to care. 

"Um Zoe?" I nodded and stepped out of the doorway to allow the man into my house. Even though he was getting ready to marry my older sister, I had never actually met Xavier, a downfall of her having such a busy schedule as an event coordinator. 

"Awkward meeting, but hello Xavier, it's a pleasure to meet you." I held out my hand and he gladly shook it. 

"You can call me Xav." 

"Can I just call you X?" It was bold asking him about the nickname considering he was almost a stranger to me, but it was my sleepiness talking. 

"Can I just call you Z?" I wanted to shiver at the way that simple letter just rolled off of his tongue, but remembered he was an engaged man.

"Fair enough. You must be tired so if you go straight down this hallway it will lead you to the backyard. Follow the stone path and it will lead you right to your apartment."

"Thanks Z." I nodded and started to shuffle my feet back to my room.

"I will be the second door on the left if you ever need anything. For now I will leave the back door unlocked until I can get you a key to the house." He just nodded and picked up his huge suitcase. Deciding that I wanted to be nice, I started to reach for another one of his bags, but one of his huge hands engulfed my wrists. 

"Dont worry about it. I can tell you are still tired so go relax." I looked into his golden eyes and felt myself getting lost within them. l broke the stare and made my way back to my room without another word. 

I plopped on my bed and mentally slapped myself. Getting enchanted by an engaged man's eyes was not a good thing. 

Not at all. 

*************************************************************************************************************************

Its something a little different! I hope you guys like it! 

Vote! Please Please Please Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :)