Chapter 8

I hated doctor's offices. They were all ridiculously cold and smelled like rubbing alcohol. I crossed my legs and sighed as I waited for my appointment. It was supposed to be at 8 o clock but it was already 8:45 and I was still in the waiting with a bunch of sick looking people and bored looking secretaries.

"Zoe Anderson?" I stood up and followed the nurse to one of the back rooms. I followed her directions and stripped down and put on the paper gown, took the pee sample and blood sample. I laid down and waited for the doctor to come in. I pulled out my phone and sent a group message to Xavier and Gionni. 

'I hate you.' -Z

'Aw why baby doll?' -G

'No you dont. What's wrong, baby?' -X

'You made me come to the doctors.' -Z

I didnt get a chance to check their mesages back at me because the doctor walked in. "Hello again, Ms. Anderson." It was the same doctor that checked me out when my wrist was broken. "How's the wrist doing?"

I lifted the cast and smiled. "It comes off in a week."  

"Great. Now, I checked your results out and it seems you just have a simple cold, but I'm going to prescribe you some special medicine. We don't want that cold hurting the baby."

I laughed. "What baby?" The doc raised her eyebrows. 

"I thought you knew, but congratulations! You're going to be a mommy." My jaw dropped and I couldnt believe it. 

But was it really that hard to believe? We stupidly never used protection and now I was paying the price. I was sort of listening to the doctor as she told me about the prenatal vitamins I had to use and the medicine I had to take for my cold. I got in my car and called Gionni.

"I bet it wasn't that bad no-"

"Gionni, meet me at my house." I tried to hold in my sob, but I couldnt.

"Zoe, what's wrong?"

"Just- meet me." I hung up without saying anything and drove home in silence. How could I have been so stupid? It didnt even cross my mind that we hadnt used protection.

I pulled into my driveway and Gionni was leaning against his car glancing at me worriedly. I got out of my car and Gionni pulled me into a hug. "What's wrong, baby doll?"

"Let's go to the backyard by the pool." As we sat down on the pool side I peek at the guest house where X was. 

"Now tell me, what's wrong?" 

"I- Im pregnant." Gionni's eyes widened and he looked down at my stomah then back at my face. 

"Wha- How? When?"

"I dont want to talk about it. Can you just- just hold me for a minute?" I moved out of my chair and curled up into Gionni as I laid my head against his chest. I closed my eyes and savored Gionni's arms around me. 

I loved the feel of his strong arms, but the problem was they didnt belong to the right person. I wanted Xavier. It was as simple as that. 

"So want to know who I like?" GIonni sounded like a little boy and I smiled and looked up at him. 

"Yeah, who's the lucky girl?" 

"Well that's the thing. It's not a girl." My eyes opened as wide as saucers and I stared at Gionni. He looked nervous to tell me and fidgeted under me. 

"Wait, so you're gay?"

"Well I guess. I met him and fell for him. Are you okay with me being- gay?" I squealed.