Chapter 15

“Yay! Go Heyward!” I jumped up from my seat and cheered after Jason Heyward got a double that scored the tying the game. X stared at me with an amused expression.

“Come on, baby. Sit back down.” X grabbed my hand and gently pulled me back into my seat. I pouted and he let out a laugh. “Don’t be like that, gorgeous girl.”

“You made me sit down and I was cheering on my future husband.” I said playfully before sticking out my bottom lip.

“Your future husband, you say?”

“Yea, he’s going to have my babies. Well, my other babies.” We looked at each other and busted out laughing. After being stressed with writing the chapters for my book and dealing with Ava’s wedding, I just needed a release, which was baseball.

The inning finished without the Braves scoring again and it was the 7th inning break. At first they had everyone stand up and sing ‘Take Me Out to the Ball Game’. When we finished singing, I purposely sat down in X’s lap and sprawled out. Today was about having fun, and I was going to make the most of it, since Ava wasn’t here.

“Oh you think it’s funny?”

“Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?” I asked with a raised eye brow. Instead of answering he started tickling me. I was squealing and laughing in his arms and then I noticed everyone was looking at us. I looked up confused and saw we were on the kissing cam.

“Should we?” He asked. This could go wrong and blow up in both of our faces, but at this moment, I sure didn’t care. I grabbed his face and kissed him hard, earning a whole bunch of wolf whistles and some clapping. I pulled away and just stared intensely at X.

“I love you.” My eyes widened and I wanted to slap a hand over my mouth. How could I be so stupid to let that slip? He rested his forehead against mine.

“Baby I love you so much. I don’t know what to do anymore.” I sighed and pulled away.

“Let’s just enjoy the game, X. I don’t want to think about this anymore.”

***

Luke’s POV:

I heard the door open and I smiled over at Zoe and X walking through the door. “Hey guys, how was the game?” Xavier looked at me sort of annoyed and Zoe beamed at me.

“The Braves won and it was Uggla who hit in the winning run, but my future husband is the one who tied up the game.”

“Future husband? I thought that was me?” She rolled her eyes and came over and kissed my cheek.

“Aww you’re so cute.”

“Have you been here the whole time?” Xavier asked me with an agitated expression. I nodded.

“Zoe asked me to stay.” He looked even angrier.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” He didn’t even look at me, he just walked out the front door and expected me to follow. Zoe looked slightly worried and I kissed her forehead.

“Don’t worry about him, sweet girl. He will be fine and you know stress isn’t good for mini Zoe.” She smiled faintly and I pinched her cheek. “Go do something with Becca, I know it’s been a while since you saw her.” I knew that because she’s spent all free time with me.

I could tell that Ava being here was taking a huge toll on her. She tried to hide it, but she couldn’t hide it from me. I saw the anger and pain in her eyes every time Ava pulled out a wedding magazine or every time Xavier allowed Ava to kiss him. It hurt her and I saw the life dimming in her beautiful eyes every day that passed.