Chapter 28

"Jay!" Jay turned from the baby clothes that he had been folding and his face lit up.

"Zoe!" I gave him a hug and rolled my cart over to the section that he was at. I'd been coming back for like the last 3 weeks just to see my new friend.

"So how long til your shift is over?" He glanced at the watch on his wrist.

"Another 15 minutes." I nodded.

"I'll wait for you to get off before I start shopping. Maybe I can take you out to get some coffee or something after."

"I thought you couldn't drink coffee?"

"I never said I'd be drinking coffee, I'm just taking you to get coffee." He shook his head, smiling and continued to fold the clothes while talked about our weeks.

After he finished folding, we walked over to his docking station and I waited outside for him to grab all his stuff. He came back out wearing a plain blue shirt and black jeans instead of those hideous dickey pants and the red employee shirt.

"You clean up nice." I said giving him a mock look of approval.

"Why thank you kind lady." We busted out laughing and walked back to the aisle that I had been in.

"So today we shop for bibs and bottles."

"The easy part." We picked up different bibs and examined them to see if they're cute enough for my kid. Alot of them were. I noticed a yellow one sticking out of the pile on the bottom shelf and I reached down to pick it up when a sharp pain went through my stomach.

"Hey Zo, you alright?" I felt liquid running down my leg and I knew it wasn't pee.

"Okay Jay, I need you to stay very calm right now. My water just broke and I'm going to need to get to the hospital." His eyes widened to the size of saucers.

I pulled out my car keys and handed them to him. "I need you to drive me to the hospital, can you do that?" He nodded very fast and grabbed my elbow to help support me.

We got to my car and Jay got in the drivers seat and quickly turned it on and peeled out of the Parkin lot. "Hey slow down, we aren't in that big of a rush yet, okay?" I said laughing a little.

Jay smiled sheepishly and slowed the car down. "Sorry, I just want you to get to the hospital." I patted his arm, then remembered that I had people to call.

I pulled out my phone and dialed X. "Hey baby, how's my fiancée and baby doing?"

"Well your baby is ready to come out already and I'm on the way- ohhh!" Another contraction hit and I moaned out in pain.

"You're long into labour?" I heard papers rustling around and voices in the background, so I knew X probably looked like a maniac trying to get around.

"I'll be a the hospital in 10 minutes, I love you."

"Love you too." I hung up an dialed Becca.

"Hey girl, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, just going into labour."

"What?" Becca screamed into the phone. "We are on our way now!" The last call I made was to my parents and I knew they would be there a little later, since they were a little farther from where we lived.

"How can you be so calm and making jokes throughout this?" I turned to Jay and shrugged.

"Well my contractions don't hit- ohhh!" I moaned as another contraction hit again.

"They're getting closer!" I nodded.

"Yea it's about 8 minutes apart now." I saw Jay getting jittery and I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, we are almost there."