Chapter 47 - The Plan

Amanda's POV

My pen was tapping on the table. I was so close to figure it out. I knew I was. It was right there in my mind but for some reason I just couldn't come up with a good way to write it.

"Done! Please hand in your tests", the teacher said. I sighed and put down my pen. I had only had one question left, but there wasn't really much I could do. On my way out from the classroom I handed in my test and then met up with James. He smiled at me, but it was a bit stiff. He put his arm around my waist and started to lead me down one of the corridors.

"I have something important to talk to you about. Something incredibly important", he murmured in my ear as he hurriedly started to lead me down the corridor towards the stairs. My eyes widened slightly at his words as I knew that whatever it was that he wanted, it was something possibly good. I could tell by the way he had spoken with hope. Because of that hope I did my best to make sure that we would get to the room as fast as possible. When we got to the seventh floor we were practically running.

"Okay! I came up with an incredible idea just now", James told me as soon as the door to the room had closed. He was flailing around with his arms as he spoke. He was more energetic than I had ever seen him. 

"What did you come up with?", I wondered with wide eyes, trying to catch James' eyes. I couldn't though because of how he was pacing around. James' words were sparking hope inside of me too. I wasn't really throwing around hope so I wished that whatever James had in mind would be worth it. I wished that it was as perfect as he clearly thought it was.

"I know how to stop the messenger! It's so simple that I can't almost not believe it. All we need to do is get the messenger to believe that you've told me. He will come, but we'll be prepared and stop him. It's simple", James told me as if it was fantastic. I was just about to agree with him, but then I remembered the reason to why that thought hadn't hit us yet. 

"We can't do that. He won't come after me, he'll come after Rose and everybody else I care about", I explained with a sigh. I felt both disappointed and sad at the fact that my hopes had gone up in vain. Although James didn't seem that disappointed at my revelation as I had suspected him to be.

"No, I've already thought about that. I can simply send a letter to my dad and tell him that your friend might be in danger and that they should send an auror to keep her safe", James explained. I still didn't feel entirely sure of it all. There were so many things that could go wrong. What if they didn't send anyone? What if the person wasn't  able to protect Rose? What if the messenger figured out our plan and killed everyone? 

"I don't know, James. I think that we need something that is a lot safer than that. I can't risk anyone's life", I said with an apologetic frown. He shook his head as if he was about to argue again. Then he suddenly started to stare blankly into the wall for a couple of seconds. I had no idea what the hell he was doing. It looked pretty strange. He was just staring, frozen in the same position.

"I have a new idea!", he then suddenly declared out of nowhere. You raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity and waited for him to further explain what he had on his mind.

"What if we make sure that the messenger and Rose are separated when he finds out that you have told me. What if you challenge him to come here? Then Rose won't be in danger and we'll be able to take him down", James explained with eagerness. You were about to argue against it, but there wasn't that much you could say. The plan seemed pretty doable and clear. There was one thing though that you was a bit unsure of.

"How do I know if Rose is somewhere else?", you wondered before moving and sitting down on the couch. James followed and sat down next to you. He started to smile with a bit of proud before he told me.

"It's rather simple actually. You can just send a letter to her and ask her to come to the Burrow over a holiday. It won't be true, but you can tell her that you're allowed to come home. I can even inform grandma that she will be there. That way he won't be able to go with her." I frowned slightly and tried to find holes in the plan. For a couple I just sat there and thought. There was nothing that I could come up with that was actually possible. There was no plan without risks. James had come up with on that was pretty to it though.

"Okay, we'll try that. Should we do this during easter?", I wondered while nodding my head to his plan. James smiled a little brighter at the fact that we had agreed on a plan. That we were going to figure out a way to mend our lives. 

"Easter sounds good. I mean, we will have enough days to preform the plan and Rose will be able to go to the Burrow. It's only a couple of weeks away so the messenger won't be able to to something too terrible until then." James got up and started to head towards the door. I turned around on the couch and looked towards him.

"Where are you going?", I asked which made James turn around. For a couple of seconds he had a thoughtful expression on his face. Rather quickly he was able to shake it off and focus on my face. He then also realized how he hadn't told me what he was doing.

"I just thought that we should write those letters. If we're going to do this we will need to be well prepared", James declared. I got up from the couch and headed over to him. He was about to turn around again, but I grabbed his hand and spun him around. I put both of my hands on his cheeks and looked into his eyes with a serious expression.

"I hope that this works and that we will be fine, but if we don't I just need to tell you this before all of the planning starts", I started with saying and noticed how it made James frown. "I love you, a whole lot actually, and I am so incredibly glad that I was pulled into the magic world to meet you. Even if bad things has happened, I don't regret this. Okay? I just need you to know that no matter what I'm happy that I met you and learned about this magical world, even if it's messy", I then finished with telling him. His features softened and he put his hands on my waist. 

"That is great to hear and now while we're sharing I have something to tell you, even if I have said it before. I care about you and love you more than I thought was possible. I had never been in love like this before I met you. This is real in a way that I can barely understand. I also need you to know that I do not blame you for what happened between us, for you being distant. You were targeted and you tried to fight it yourself. It is what most people would have done. The same way that you love me, I love you." I smiled at him with my eyes a little bit teary. They were happy tears, tears of hearing something beautiful. 

Slowly, I leaned up and softly pressed my lips against his. He pulled me against him and I put my arms around his neck. It was a hard but loving kiss. A kiss where we both just needed to feel that we were there, that everything was real. It completely took my breath away. In that moment I knew that things were going to get rough and hard, but I also knew that I at least wouldn't be alone. James would be there, no matter what.

•••

Dear Rose!

I have amazing new that you need to hear about. I will be able to leave Hogwarts during easter and I was hoping that you would come visit me. I'm going to stay at the Burrow and James' grandma said that there was room for you too. I know that your family doesn't really celebrate easter so I thought that maybe we could spend it together! I really miss you!! 

Love you, Amanda!

~ A/N: Hi!! There are less than ten chapters to go!! I can't believe it! I have never written a story that is this long and it feels like I have spent ages on this. It's crazy that there's just so little left! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and if you do I would really appreciate it if you liked it! It just helps me know if it's good or not. Thank you for reading!!! ~