Chapter 3 - A Surprising Surprise

Amanda's POV

I woke up early the next morning. My mom was getting ready for work and I could hear her down in the kitchen. My eyes were still sleepy but I forced myself out of bed. I hadn't done any packing and I only had three hours before Rose and Gwen would pick me up. I slowly made my way through my room and picked up a bag from my chair. It had some writing pads and pens that I usually wrote on but I took them all out and put them on my bed.

After taking out everything I headed over to my wardrobe to take out some clothes. I didn't take much because we were only staying for a day. I then walked inside my bathroom and brushed my teeth before also packing my toothbrush. I lazily put on some make-up. I didn't use much, only some foundation and mascara. I had no energy to put on more, I barely ever had any energy to do so. My final touch was to spray a little raspberry perfume and I smiled at the aroma.

When I finally got done in the bathroom I walked back outside to put on some clothes. I went for simple black jeans and a loose tank top that had a city on it. When I looked at my phone I saw that I had one and a half hour until we were leaving. I took my bag downstairs and saw that my mom had already left. My dad worked outside of town and had to take the train early in the morning so he always woke up before anyone else in my family.

As I got inside the kitchen I made myself a cheese sandwich as breakfast and ate it in front of the TV. When I was done I went into our storage room and looked for the tent. It was hard to find but when I did I felt victorious. As I walked back into the living room I heard a car honking.

Outside my window I could see a red old car in our driveway. I picked up my bag hurriedly and headed to the hallway. I put on my black leather jacket and my black boots. It wasn't as cold as it had been the day before when I got outside and locked the door. I was happy because I really didn't feel like freezing that night, and the weather seemed to be on my side. Rose and Gwen greeted me happily as I opened the car door.

"Ready for some magic?", asked Rose with a big grin on her lips. I moved onto the middle seat so that I could see both the girls that were sitting in the front.

"Possibly see magic", I corrected her. She turned around and hit me on my arm.

"Stop being such a downer. We will see magic." She was determined and instead of fighting her on the matter I just silently agreed. The road was long and with Gwen having small bladder we probably lost an hour just going to the toilette.

"Just ten more minutes until we have to go into the forest", Rose screamed excitedly. I had started to get just about as excited as Rose but the doubt had also grown. Maybe it was a mistake, but maybe it wasn't.

•••

"I hate walking! I swear there is more mud here than it should be", Rose whined loudly as we walked through the woods. I laughed at her whining, but secretly agreed with what she was saying. Walking was way to tiresome. I had hoped that the car could of gone farther.

"I think I see a clearing up front", Gwen said and when I looked up I could also see what was the end of the trees. A big smile spread over my lips and I saw that both Gwen and Rose were smiling just as big. We ran up to the end of the woods and as soon as we stepped out of the trees we saw what we were looking for.

A huge arena was placed where it used to be a field. Tents and other camping equipment were layer out a bit away from the arena. People were talking and laughing, and I couldn't help but gape at what I saw. All of the different ways people supported their teams, and of course the magic. I saw fireworks come out of people's sticks. They were literally holding sticks and doing magic. Quickly I realized that the sticks must of been wands.

"Am I dreaming? Is this real?", I asked totally baffled. I couldn't move, couldn't grasp what I was actually seeing.

"I don't know, but if you are then so am I", Rose said in a happy voice. She started to skip down towards the tents. Gwen and I followed her down. Before we reached the happy people, Gwen and Rose stopped me.

"You have to go if you want to get a good spot", Gwen said and pushed me towards the arena. I felt nervous of going there alone. The excitement of seeing the sport I had dreamed of since I was little was taking over the nerves, though.

"Okay, but act as if all this is normal. We don't want to give it away that we're not like them", I whispered before hugging them and then leaving.

I walked slowly but determined. This had been a moment I had dreamed of for so long, but it was crazy. How could I possibly be there? How could I see all of the magic happening around me? I couldn't believe it?

I mean I was used to living normally. I had a normal family, normal friends. Nothing in my life was peculiar. I mean the closest I had gotten to magic was the new iPhone my mum and bought me for my birthday three weeks earlier.

"Ticket?", the man infront of the doors said as I came up to the entrance. After standing in line for ten minutes it was finally time to enter. I held out the ticket and hoped that he wouldn't suspect me of being different. Thankfully he checked it, and then I was aloud to go inside.

If I had thought that the hype was huge outside, nothing could of prepared me for what was inside the arena. The nose of people cheering, chatting and laughing reached my ears. It was like being on a football game, but much more excitement.

I looked down at my ticket to see where I had a special seat. Luckily I saw that I had, which meant that I would not have to try and find one in the mess.

When I found the stairs that led up I started walking. The people I passed didn't seem to mind me at all. No one could tell that I didn't fit in the group.

I then wondered if Rose and Gwen were okay. I hoped that they hadn't done something stupid.

Before my thoughts could travel elsewhere someone bumped right into me. Because of my distracting thoughts I couldn't stay on my feet and fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!", a boy's voice said and I looked up to see a guy about my age. His hair was a mop of unruly black hair and his eyes a light brown.

"Oh no, It was my fault", I said as the guy helped me to my feet. He smiled at me and didn't let go of my hand. I felt myself smile a little in return without being able to help it.

"Well, I wasn't the one who fell. Therefor it was my fault", the guy said which I only laughed at. He still didn't let go of my hand. It was kind of funny. I looked down at our hands and when I looked back up I saw the guy smiling even bigger.

"I still think it's my fault though", I told him. He shook his head which made some of his hair fall infront of his eyes. He pulled through his hair with his free hand, which made the hair move from his eyes.

"I'm James Potter, I don't think we've met", he said after some silence.

"No, I don't think we have. Amanda Fraser", I introduced myself. At last James let go of my hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Amanda."