Chapter 2 - We're Going Camping

Amanda's POV

Rose and I were sitting in her room in the apartment building that her family lived in. She had her wall full of posters. They were mostly of different TV-show and movie characters but also one or two of her favourite artists. Rose was lying in bed with her computer in her lap while I sat in her sofa thinking about the woman I had gotten the ticket from. Did it count as stealing if she had just left the ticket on the table and I had decided on picking it up? Was she a witch? Quidditch through the ages mentioned that wizards and witches were those who played Quidditch and it had mentioned Muggles. I had never heard the word before but I guessed that it was non-magician people, like me.

"Found anything yet?", I asked Rose. She looked up from the computer screen.

"Oh! I'm already done. I've been scrolling through tumblr for at least twenty minutes", she said with a big grin.

"And?", I asked pushing her to go forward and tell me about what she found.

"Yeah well the location is about 100 miles from London. It's in a field but it's no where near a road. Gwen will have to drive us as long as she can but the road stops in the middle of the forest. There is a path that leads us all the way but it is a pretty long walk. We might have to stay the night", she said and I nodded as an answer. It would obviously be away from the public eye if it was supposed to be a secret.

"I think I have a tent at home that will be big enough for the three of us and we can probably stay somewhere near the car", I said while thinking up a plan. "We'll just tell our parents we're going on a camping trip and they'll just be happy that we're doing something outside for once". Both of us laughed but then it was time for me to go home. It had started to darken outside and I didn't want to take the subway with some drunk creeps.

"We'll pick you up tomorrow at about 10", she said before we said our good byes and I headed down the stairs. It was cold when I got outside and the wind blew my hair in all directions. I pulled my coat closer to my body and made sure that my bag was by my side as I started to make my way down the street. There was only a few people outside as Rose's apartment was in the less busy parts of town. When I finally got down to the subway my hands were cold and sadly enough I would have to wait a while before the train would come. I stood waiting and there was also two other people waiting. One of them was a guy a few years older then me. He had earplugs in his ears and he was staring down on his phone. The other person was a man and he was standing looking around nervously. He had a portfolio one of his hands and it looked like he just got out of work. He looked out of place, not because of his clothes or about anything like that. It was just something about the way he acted that was so different.

I got no more time to study the stranger as the train rolled onto the station. It was not many people on it and I could sit by myself while staring out the window. I took out my phone from my bag and put my earplugs in. Slow calming music started to flood through my ears. Before the first song could finish my phone started to ring.

"Hello?", I answered. I hadn't bothered to look on the caller ID before I answered.

"Amanda, where are you?", I heard my mom's worried voice saying. I smiled lightly.

"I'm on my way home. I was at Rose's and we kind of lost track of time", I told her. I was just three stations away from my stop.

"Amanda you need to hurry, I don't want you outside alone at this time", she said seriously. I laughed and assured her that I would be okay. After I hung up the music started playing again. I looked around the train and saw the man from before staring at me. I hadn't even noticed that he had gone in after me. He looked at me with a fascinated face and I just gave him a weird look before returning my focus out the window again.

The walk home was short and when I got inside my house my mom was already asleep. I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat before waking my mom up.

"Mom", I said and her eyes opened slowly.

"Yes honey?", she asked me with a tired smile.

"Rose and I planned on going camping with her sister tomorrow, is it okay?", I asked her. She sat up in the couch.

"Of course it is. I'm going to head up stairs and go to bed. Your dad told me I would fall asleep down here, and it seems that he was quiet right. Good night Amanda." I smiled and she walked up the stairs. I had made myself a bowl of cereal and I was eating in the couch while watching some TV. When I was done I walked up the stairs and to my room. I was so tired and I almost fell asleep while brushing my teeth. When I finally had changed into a pair of pajama shorts and put on a tank top I laid down in my bed. I wanted to think about the next day but I got no time to do it. Sleep took over after barely a minute.

I dreamed a lot that night and most of them were filled with people flying on brooms and pictures moving. In one I was even holding a wand and sparks were flying out of it's end.