CHAPTER ONE

Dedication: -britishcurls 1Dbabesxox

Tragedy is like strong acid - it dissolves away all but the very gold of truth.
~D. H. Lawrence~

Moment POV:

Ding! Ding! Ding! My alarm goes off as I roll over to the other side of the bed to press the snooze button. I would always set my alarm early to work out, but my energy was at a -100 when it came to early mornings. So, my workouts never really happened. I lay in bed for what felt like minutes, when I hear my roommate yelling across the hall of our apartment.

"Moment! You need to get up! We have to leave in a half hour!"

I heard my roommate yelling and reaching closer and closer to my room. Before I knew it, she was jumping up and down on my bed screaming "It's time to get up in the morning!!" over and over again.

"Why would I want a roommate like you?" I sarcastically said with a quick grin.

"Oh, because you love me!" She continued to say as she gave me the biggest hug.

I finally sat up and we both looked at each other with cheeky grins. We both knew what was about to happen and I decided to make the first move by pushing her back down on the bed and sprinting to the bathroom.

"I get to shower first!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I laughed.

"Oh, you win this time, but there is always tomorrow". Becca stated as she giggled.

I quickly shut the door as I turned on the shower to the highest setting. I stripped off my clothes and then hopped into the shower. If my day was going to be absolute torture today, I at least had this hot shower to help me get through. The worst thing about showers though were that no matter how you try, you always think about every possible thing that is going on in your life.

"It's been exactly a year." I muttered quietly to myself as i scrubbed shampoo into my hair. How could it be a year? A year without him. A year without the sight of him. I could no longer see his handsome face again. I could never sleep next to his side. I could never again share unforgettable memories with him.

As I was being consumed with all my thoughts a loud alarm began to go off. "What the heck?" I said to myself. I turned the shower off as I began to feel worried.

The fire alarm was going off.

I quickly grabbed a towel and sprinted out of the bathroom calling Becca's name. "BECCA! BECCA! Are you here?"

With no answer, I decided to sprint out of our apartment room and continue to run down the stairs as fast as I could along with the rest of the people trying to get out.

"I smell smoke." I thought.

This isn't a drill.

I was in a building that was on fire.

I soon reached the revolving doors and pushed them open with all my strength. The cool air hit me as I ran outside and at first it took my breath away, because of how cold it was. The breeze hit my bare legs and I then realized I was only wearing a towel in the middle of a road. My mind soon forgot about my lack of clothing and I began to search for Becca. I searched the massive crowd to find Becca, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

I looked back at the building I was just in and it was up in flames on the top floor. I began to tear up. I couldn't find Becca and I don't know where she could be.

The fire trucks arrived seconds later and they attempted to put out the huge ball of flames. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw Becca. Becca was holding a young child near the top of the building and the flames were reaching closer and closer to where they were at. "Becca!" I screamed out her name as I began to sob. The firemen noticed Becca and the young child and they began to panick.

"What should we do?" Said one of the fire men looking worried.

I looked up at Becca and I just knew what was going to happen. This was the day. This was the day that my only friend, no, best friend would leave this earth. I just continued to sob as I collapsed to the ground. Emotional pain shot through my whole body and I felt as if I was dying. I looked up one last time and saw Becca look at me with a small smile. She gave me a short nod and before I could do anything Becca released her grip on the building. She held tight onto the child and began to bend down. From this day on, Becca was always known for her bravery, because she did something most people would never have the audacity to do...

She jumped.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hiiii loves!
If you are reading this welcome to my account!
I hope you absolutely loved this chapter and I hope you enjoy the chapters to come! I will be trying to update every couple days! It's all based on how many reads I get and how well you guys like the story! So let me know if you guys like this chapter or I would love to hear your opinions on it! Hope you guys all have a lovely day!
All the love