CHAPTER FORTY NINE

Harry POV:

"Fuck Moment. Stay with me. Please stay with me." Sobs and screams escape my lips as my life starts to slip away. She was fucking dying. Or dead. Or on the verge of death and all I could do was wait. Wait for her to wake up. Wait for this shitty moment to stop and her breath to flow through her lungs once again. "Please, oh god, please bring her back to me." Wrapping her bloody head once more with the white towels from the hotel, I lay her lifeless body on the bed.

Everything just happened so quickly. The gun. The screaming. The crying. The blood. It just was too fast for me to register. Without a second of thinking or taking in the situation, I did what I had to do. I had to save Moment. I had too. I had too. Oh, god why? Why the fuck does she go through this hell? She doesn't deserve this. The ache. The pain. The endless battles. She needed contentment and no matter how hard I tried to keep her safe, the gory nightmares just continued to follow her reality.

Moment's staggering breaths continued to escape her chapped lips. Her eyes still remained closed as blood just relentless flowed out of her body. What was I gonna do? Stitch her once more? For sure she needed staples. The gash was too big for stitches. Her life was in my hands and I had to bloody clue how to fix her.

"Fucking shit!" I scream, pounding the wall next to me as angry tears fall down my cheeks. This wasn't right. She was not dying. Not with me right here. I will fu.cking die before she ever leaves this earth. Walking towards the phone, I knew what I had to do. I had to call the police. No way around it. Doctors had to fix her this time. I couldn't do this on my own. Maybe Evan would find her. Maybe he will see her and maybe he will take her, but their is one thing that he will never ever have. Never will Evan take her innocence once again from her. He will not take that happiness that hides in the pit of her stomach. He will not take away that courage or bravery she shines through. He will never, ever love her as much as I do. And with love, comes a whole lot of shit and fucking problems, but Moment was my problem. My beautiful, alluring complication. Evan will not place one fucking finger on her as long as I'm around.

Picking up the phone and dialing the three numbers, I await on the fate the two of us have. I impatiently wait and grow concern of our future and if there was one. This could save her and I knew that her health and her life was far more important than any psychotic asshole out there. Talking to the operator, I tell her the situation and the crime that I truthfully committed as I look at my bloody hands.

"You killed her sir?" Her voice asks as if she couldn't understand what I just said.

"You bet your motherfu.cking ass I did." I state, remembering the recent gunshots and the fresh blood of not mine nor Moment's soaking in my skin. Hanging up the phone, I go to Moment's bedside, knowing that this could be our last moment together. How shitty is that? That this could be it.

"Moment. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being enough. I'm sorry for not keeping you safe and not holding you tight enough. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep you away from those horrid nightmares and terrors that haunt you every waking moment of each and every day. I wish I could take it all away from you. I wish I could live with those dreading dreams so you could live your life free of them. Moment, you are worth it and you are going to fucking make it. You're gonna live and you're gonna live greatly. I'm sorry for what I have become and how this must end. I'm sorry that I caused death tonight and upon one of your dearest best friends. I'm sorry I killed Bre." My lips tremble as the truth escapes. I knew there was nothing else I could do. Bre was going to kill her and I had to act fast. Grabbing the gun from Bre, I quickly relocated the aim towards her and shot. Pulling the trigger, I shot her dead right in that cement. Blood of both Moment's and Bre's covered the earth as I dropped the gun and carried Moment to the hotel room. Tearing off my shirt, I wrapped it around her severely scalp as I ran over and grabbed towels. I had to kill her and I have to live with that for the rest of my life.

The sirens crept closer to my location as I held onto Moment's hand tight. Tears of anger and sadness fell down my face as sobs escaped my mouth. This is where my physical love for Moment would end. But my mental and emotion love for her will forever roam and haunt my brain. My adore for her was never ending and my affection for Moment would infinity remain. The sirens were now next door as I saw the blue and red colors out the hotel window. This was it. This was not just another moment of mine of hers. This was our moment. This was our moment to not die nor live nor strive. This was our moment to smile. To cry. To weep. This was our moment to see and reminisce on what hell we went through and how we did it together. This was our moment to catch the glimpse of the soon future. To spy and detect our fate. But mainly, this was our moment to realize and accept the reality of our awful situation. This was our moment to live without each other and to accept that we were just lovers for this time. Our love could forever be unending, but our fate was to love and cherish others. We were never meant to fit, yet we forced the world to accept us. To accept out unlawful affection and our wrongful lust. Yes, her name was Moment, but in reality, she deserved many more than just one.

The police were lining outside the door as they began to pound, yelling out my name. Looking at Moment one last time, I kissed her forehead and bit my lip from crying more.

"Moment, this is not the end, but the beginning. I promised you. I promised you a life to live fearlessly and you, my love, will get one." The door came pounding down as the multiple officers pulled me away from Moment's touch and up roughly against the wall. Cuffing me and telling me rights, I saw the stretcher come in, taking my love away from me.

"Make sure she's okay. That's all I care about. Please just make sure she's okay." I scream out, the officers ignoring my every word. The men pull me out of the room and outdoors as they lead me to their vehicle. Pushing me in they slam the door as I watch the ambulance pull away from my view and into the distance. She use to be my moment. But now, she was the world's.