CHAPTER ELEVEN

Dedication: elabear_1d elizabethxxclurk

The hardest thing about "everything happens for a reason" is waiting for that reason to show up.
~Karen Salmansohn~

Moment POV:

"Hello, it's me. How are you feeling?" I said softly as I walked over to his bedside.

"Good." Harry said gently and nodded his head. He was so weak. It was hard to look at him without crying. He was covered in blankets and he laid motionless. His face, covered in blue and purple marks as cuts lined across his face.

A tear escaped my eye and Harry looked up at me with worry in his eyes.

Harry motioned with his eyes to have me sit on the side of his bed. I followed his request and sat on the edge of the mattress. Slowly, Harry moved his hand to mine and our fingers intertwined.

"You are going to be just fine." I smiled as I squeezed his hand. He gave a small smile in return. After a couple minutes of sitting with Harry, a nurse walked in.

"Ms.? Can I talk to you for a minute?" The nurse questioned as the motioned for me to come over.

I gave Harry one last smile as I removed myself from his hand and walked over to the kind nurse.

"I am so sorry about all of this, but Harry really needs his rest. Harry was speaking well earlier, but we have him take this type of medication that helps stop the pain and it often makes you very tired and weak. So, he should be more talkative in about 3 to 4 hours."

"Oh, no worries. Thank you." I said back to the nurse. I headed out the door and noticed Harry soundly asleep. He looked so calm and peaceful. I quietly shut the door behind me and turn to see the other two guys waiting outside the room.

"Oh, I am so sorry I took up the whole time! You guys didn't even get a chance to talk to him." I said with guilt.

"It's okay love. He wanted to talk to you. The way he looked at you... How long have you guys been dating?" Liam asked me and I looked at him with confusion.

"Oh, no we...we are not dating. To be honest, I have only met him once...at this small coffee shop." I said as I began to stutter my words.

"Are you sure? You know, you can tell us if you're dating him. It doesn't have to be a secret. There's no way you guys have only met once and he looks at you like that." Niall said as he looked into my eyes to see if he could catch me lying.

"No, I'm being completely honest. He spilled coffee on me...and...and he gave me his sweater. We are just...I don't really know what we are... "

"Well that makes a lot of sense why Harry returned without a top." Niall spoke as he lightly chuckled.

"You know, Moment, you are something special.. I have never seen Harry look at someone so passionate before. Not even his old girlfriends." Liam said as he looked up at me with a serious facial expression.

I was speechless..I didn't really know what else to say. I knew what they said wasn't really what Harry felt. We only met once anyway. Love at first sight is not real nor will it ever be.

"Well, is there anything else we need to know about you? Like how do you know Lou?" Niall questioned as he nudged my shoulder so I would snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh...I...I umm met him at a bar." I said quietly.

"Ha. Why doesn't that surprise me." Liam replied sarcastically.

I laughed in return to ease the tension.

"Should we go see Lou now? I will ask the nurse where his room is. Be right back." Niall said as he walked away from the two of us.

"Sooo.."

"Soooo.." I returned, not knowing what to say or do.

"Did you...uh..sorry this may be personal, but did..did you have...have sex with Lou? I know whenever Louis goes to bars or clubs..you know..he uhh.. Likes to have some fun. " Liam stutters.

"Oh my god no! We just made out and danced a little! Nothing more I promise!"

Before Liam could reply Niall came back.

"Room 435!" Niall said, leading the way.

I didn't know what to say to Lou or how I should act. As many thoughts flooded through my mind, we reached room 435. Niall opened the door and a nurse from the room came right to us.

"Hello, I am so sorry about your friend. You all can talk to him, but make sure to be gentle towards him and quiet. I don't know whether he can hear you or not since he is in a coma-

"A coma?" I said as my voiced cracked.

"Oh, I thought they would of told yo-

"WELL THEY DIDN'T! I WOULD'VE LIKED TO KNOW THAT MY BEST FRIEND WAS IN A COMA!" Liam yelled as he darted towards Lou's bed.

"Lou, please..Please wake up. You can't leave. Don't leave me. You have so much to live for. Come back. Wake up. Please Lou! Please!" Liam said as he sobbed, tears streaming down his cheeks and creating stains on his white tee.

"I'm sorry for his lashing out, could you just give us a second." I said to the nurse as I tried to hold in m emotions. The nurse nodded and walked out of the room.

I turned to look at Niall and his face was as pale as a ghost.

"Niall? Are you alright?" I questioned as I turned him around to face me.

"Yeah, I'm okay! But will Louis ever be?" Niall said as tears began to fall down his face. I wrapped him into a hug and as he began to sob.

"Everything is gonna be okay, Niall. I promise." I said as I began to cry.

Niall soon let go and walked over to sit next to Louis' bedside.

The next couple of hours, we sat and talked with Louis as if he could hear us. I sat on a chair where I began to fall asleep, but I was soon awoken by a loud beeping noise.

Louis' monitor was deadlining.

"SOMEONE! SOMEONE! ANYONE! PLEASE! HELP!" I screamed as Liam and Niall both cried out for help. The monitor was flat lining and I didn't know what to do.

Nurses quickly came in and told us we needed to get out.

I pleaded to stay, but they wouldn't listen. I sobbed as I collapsed straight to the ground. Liam and Niall cried as some of the nurses were pushing us out. Niall picked me up from the ground and carried me out as I screamed Louis' name.

The door was shut behind us and I looked through the window. They took out the automated external defibrillator as they tore open his shirt, showing Louis' bare chest.

One nurse noticed me watching and came over to shut the blinds.

The last thing I saw was Louis' body shock upwards.

---------------------------------------------------------

SOO WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?!? GOOD? BAD? SAD?

LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!

Also if you enjoyed it please give it a like or tell people about this story! Would love to get this book to 1000 reads by the end of this week! Thank you guys!

All the love