CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Moment POV:

Awoken by ear-splitting cries, my eyes divert towards the horrifying sound. The weight I carry, jumps from my peace as the pads of my feet hit hard against the discolored wood floor. Sobs continue to surround my senses, but no image or scene held evidence of this depressing, weeping noise. Persistently, my legs scream for me to stop this ongoing run, but my mind and heart scold me to keep going. To keep sprinting until I escape. But from what?

My body fills the small, dark hallway as my heels face forward. Where was I? How did I end up here? Fear rose to my throat and I suddenly felt sick.

"Moment." The plain, white walls whisper, forcing the adrenaline inside of me to boil. "Moment." The panels on both sides of me chant; the bones inside of me shake. Whispers turn into screams as my thighs push harder and harder for me to get out. The jet-black hall felt never ending as the cries continuously shout out, but no body is made known.

The blackness of the narrow alley began to lighten and I soon knew where I was at. How could I be here again? I needed to get out. This wasn't happening. This wasnt happening. This wasn't happening.

My dashing never ceased as the walls around me started to concave towards my weak body. Glancing down towards the floor, I could see the familiar blood that stained not only the ground, but forever haunted my memory.

The whiteness of my tee was infinitely soiled with red. The cuts and bruises took shape onto my body as my energy grew weak from my injured physical appearance. The familiar scarring moment shocked my soul as my body fell onto the wine colored ground.

Crawling forward, I could finally see the light. My escape. My exit. Every ounce of my body ached from the pain I once endured through, but nothing could stop me from breaking free. The distance lessoned and I knew I would once again be freed from this horrific nightmare.

But, my hopes were to high as the door of my getaway slammed into darkness. The all too familiar silhouette stood in front of my dreams; my night terror coming back to life.

The shadow positioned itself in front of my weakened body. The screams of my name diminished, but the cries continued to yell out.

His outline cleared up and I could now see his features. The dark hair. The toned skin. The tall figure. I use to love this man. I use to dream of a future with him. I use to hold his hand and kiss his lips.

But with each touch I now received from him only killed me more, sending my mind to the darkness of hell. His lips pecking my skin sent cries down my cheeks. He was my nightmare. He was my hell. He was my darkness.

His hand reached for mine. My body couldn't fight it as he began to drag me back down the black, haunting hallway.

"No one escapes me, my love." Evan laughs, dragging my limpless figure farther and farther into his dream, and into my nightmare.

The walls again yell out for me and their screams continue to grow louder and louder. Closing my eyes, I try to hide from everything around me as my name echoes my mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes open. The sight is no longer dark, but light. My view doesn't contain Evan nor those haunting halls, but Harry and the small, antique hotel room.

"Moment. You were crying in your sleep." Harry says, laying next to me on the bed.

"Oh," Was all I could say as the scarring memory of my dream still lingered my thoughts.

"Was it about Evan?" His voice was gentle as he moves onto his side and places the loose strand of hair hanging across my face around my ear. Nodding in response, I felt Harry's lips touch the top of my forehead, calming me down from my terror.