CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Dedication: Mrs-H-S ms_style_malik

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
~Elbert Hubbard~

Moment POV:

"I'm sorry to ruin this happy moment, but we really have to get going." Bre butted in as the two of us let go of our tight, unforgettable hug.

"Yeah..Of course." I muttered as we all jumped into the car. Bre driving, leaving me in the passenger seat and Becca in the back seat.

"You know...you haven't seen me in a year and this is how you treat me? Leaving me in the bloody back seat?" Becca stated jokingly making me laugh.

"Oh, shut up." I laughed, making the three of us giggle.

The rest of the ride was full of stories about our past together and the good times we shared in the old apartment building before it all burned down. I wanted to ask Becca so many questions. Like how she lived? Or why she faked her death? Or why did she tell Bre, but not me? I needed answers to my curious thoughts, but I knew my body was nowhere near ready to hear the truth about her death. I had enough going on as is. I didn't need more problems placed on my plate.

"So, what have you been doing for the last year?" I deciding asking, knowing that this question would lead towards another crying session.

"Well, for starters I backpacked all throughout Europe for about 4 to 5 months. After my extended vacation I traveled over to America for a little bit. Love those American guys and their accents. Especially those Californian lads. Man, I never knew surfer guys could be so damn sexy." Becca smirked as we all laughed.

"I always knew you were one for American guys." I stated, rolling my eyes. Becca and Bre chuckled at my enthusiasm.

"And we are here!" Bre hollered, pulling up to an extremely fancy hotel.

"Youre kidding.." I said, looking as the hanging chandeliers through the long, glass windows and the millions of lights that lit up the huge, 100 story hotel.

"Nope, welcome to the high end, all exclusive, WINTERS HOTEL!" Becca clapped her hands, showing her excitement.

"Wait...Winters...Does that mean that-"

"HELLS YEAH." Becca yelled again as Bre parked the car.

"But...how?"

"It's been a year. A lot can happen in 365 days, love." Becca smirked as we all got out of the car.

"How long have you been running this place?" My mind still couldn't boggle what I was seeing. Becca was running her own fancy hotel. Was I in some sort of fantastic dream? Was I dead? How and when did this happen? The bright lit lights at the front of the building glistened on us as we walked up the red carpeted steps. We were then accompanied by two well dressed, good looking workers dressed in suits that took our luggage as we strode right through the gold revolving doors. My jaw dropped as I viewed this glorious masterpiece. This was no hotel. This had to be heaven.

"Well, about a year back, I came up with this idea of a stunning, amazing, elaborate hotel. After talking with some very rich, important clients, I raised enough money to build this place. After this ginormous palace was constructed, people all over the world wanted to come see the new, elegant hotel! I began to make a lot of money, but I wasn't fully ready to commit to one thing. I needed to travel and see the world before I was forced to stay in one location. So, I gave it off to my sister, Taylor! She runs the place now and I thank my lucky stars that I had a loving, kind sibling to give this too. Or else I would be stuck running it!" Becca chuckled, leading us to the main lobby desks.