I Think I'm Falling, I'm Falling For You...

"Don't you see me I'm,
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you.
Don't you need me I'm,
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you.
And on this night, in this light,
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you.
And maybe you'll change your mind." - Fallingforyou, The 1975.

Picture is of Amber with her new hair
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+==+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
We surfed for a couple of hours before coming back in and resting for the afternoon.
"I want to strip my hair back to its original blonde colour." I state, looking up from my phone.
"Woah." James says, looking at me. "Are you sure?"
"Positive."
"Okay. We'll do it soon." He agrees. "Also there's something on your bed for you." He says casually. A smile crosses my lips and I run up the stairs. I open the door to my room and see a package on my bed. I glance behind me, a smile on my face, as I feel James behind me.
"You didn't have to." I say.
"Yeah, I did." He smiles, placing a hand on the small of my back and urging me forward. He shuts the door behind us and I grab the package, sitting on my bed and placing it on my lap.
"Open it." He tells me, sitting next to me. I smile at him and pull the strings on the bow. I pull of the string and begin unwrapping the brown paper. I hold up the cute white top and the cute black skirt.
"I know it's not expensive and it's not much, but I saw you checking it out while I was wearing it." He tells me. I drop the clothing and hug James tightly. He hesitates before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back.
"Plus you'll look nice in it for the party tonight." He says.
"What party?" I ask, pulling away from our hug.
"I may have organised a small party for you tonight." He smiles sheepishly. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed so I just smile and nod.
"I'll let you rest before the party." He says, sensing my partial hostility.

I walk down the polished concrete steps with Kit Kat beside me. Josh and James stand at the base of the stairs smiling at us as we walk down to them. Kit Kat is in a gorgeous flowy white maxi skirt and a short lacy white cropped top. She looks amazing. I'm in the cute black skirt and lacy white top that James got for me. The skirt was high waisted and stopped at my mid thigh showing off my newly tanned legs. The white top was cropped just below my bra strap, had off-the-shoulder sleeves and had a white lacy design over a white undershirt. I made sure I limited my eyeliner and foundation and I have gone for a much more natural look than usual. I have black strappy heels on. The only heels I own.
James held out his hand as I reached the bottom of the stairs and I took it with a smile. He pulled me off the stairs and into his arms, keeping my feet off the ground, and span me around in his arms. I let out a giggle and kept my face buried in his neck and my arms wrapped around his neck.
"You look stunning." He whispers in my ear.
"Thank you." I whisper back. He puts me down on my feet and keeps hold of my hand.
"Kit Kat, you look beautiful." He smiles at her. She punches his arm.
"Stop, you flatter me." She says, rolling her eyes. We laugh and Josh whispers something in her ear making her blush bright red. I glance up at James who is shooting daggers at Josh. Kit Kat jumps a foot into the air and slaps Josh's arm playfully.
"Josh, you can't do that!" She hisses quietly. I'm guessing he pinched her butt. James squeezes my hand so tightly that I pull my hand away. He looks at me with an apologetic look on his face. I shake my head with a small smile on my lips, letting him know it was okay. But it all made sense. Kit Kat not making a move on Josh, Josh not making a move on Kit Kat, James looking like he was about to kill Josh. Kit Kat must be "off limits" to Josh.
"Come help me with setting out the drinks?" I ask James. He nods and without saying another word to Josh and Kit Kat, pulls me into the laundry where they store their beer and other alcoholic drinks. I hear Josh start the music and it starts pumping Earned It by The Weeknd.
"What's wrong?" I ask, watching him bend down to pick up beer bottles.
"Nothing." He says, standing back up and handing them to me. I take them and raise my eyebrows in a look that say 'really?'
"James, I know something is up, so please tell me. I don't like seeing you like this." He shoves more beer bottles into my arms.
"It's him." He growls angrily.
"Josh?"
"Yes." He snaps. "He knows my sister is off limits, just like his sisters are to me."
"So you're not happy because Josh is hitting on Kit Kat?" I ask rhetorically. "You know Kit Kat likes him, right?"
"No." He stand ups with vodka and beer bottles in his arms.
"Well she does and it wouldn't be fair on her to not let them be together."
"I may as well start hitting on his sisters then."
"Don't be ignorant." I say, slightly jealous of the fact that he brought up the idea of hitting on another girl. "That won't solve anything. Just talk to Josh and Kit Kat."
"We'll see." He says, pushing past me. I follow him into the kitchen and place the bottles on the island bench. I put the beer bottles in one group and the vodka in another and the spirits in another. I see James in a corner of the room, quietly talking to Josh with their heads bowed. I feel arms wrap around my stomach from behind and laugh as Kit Kat lifts me into the air.
"Are you excited for the party?" She asks.
"I haven't been to a party since a few months ago and I hated that one so I hope this one is good." I smile.
"It will be. James and Josh always host the best parties in Barwon." I nod. Then the doorbell rings. I pang of nervousness hits my stomach. I pour myself a shot of vodka and down it before I go and stand next to James who is about to answer the door. His arm snakes around my waist just as he pulls the door open. There's a group of about 15 people, mixed gender, who I have never seen in my life, standing at the door holding drinks and a couple have eskys. My eyes widen as they all push through the door, wishing me a happy birthday, the girls kissing my cheek and the guys winking and smirking at me. I lean into James more as he shuts the door. I go to the drinks table where they've all set their eskys and drinks, and pour myself a few more shots. I down them all and and grab a beer. This was going to be a long night. I hear the doorbell ring again and I put on a fake smile. The guys and girls from my work all smile and cheer when I open the door. I let them through and they all hug me, some kissing my cheeks, all wishing me a happy birthday. I get handed a few cards that I quickly run up into my room. I open the door to my room and let out yell as I see two half naked people making out on my bed.
"Get out!" I shout at them. They quickly collect their clothes off the floor and jump off my bed, running out of the room. I let out a frustrated growl and put the cards under my pillow. I close my door, locking it with the key James has trusted me with seeing as it unlocks and locks every bedroom in the house. I quickly go around to every bedroom, except for Josh's because I know he'll be using it, and lock the doors. Then I shove the key down my bra. I know it's not the most hygienic place or whatever, but it's the only place I won't forget it.
As I walk back down the stairs, the doorbell rings again. I sigh and open the door. Even more people I have never seen before pour in and I roll my eyes, accepting the small parcels and the cards they hand me.
Everyone manages to find a place on the dance floor and everyone is already half drunk, me included. The girls are all dancing like they're strippers. I down the rest of my beer and I pour myself shot after shot until I'm stumbling around on the dance floor. I can't see James anywhere. I stumble back and hit a hard muscly chest. I look up to see the surfer I met the first time I went surfing with James. Bernard? Brice? Bruce.
"Amber, right?" He smiles as I turn around, nearly tripping over my feet, but he grabs my forearm and pulls me against his body.
"Yeah." I say. "And you're Bruce." I say confidently, adding a nod in to assure myself.
"Close." He replies.
"Bernard?" He shakes his head. "Brice?" He laughs.
"Braiden."
"Ohhhhh."
"I'm disappointed you didn't remember." He chuckles.
"I'm sorry." I say.
"You wanna go have fun?" He asks.
"Where?"
"We can find a room."
"No, thanks." I say, patting his chest.
"C'mon babe, it should be fun." His arm tightens around my waist. I push against his chest, trying to get out of his grasp.
"I don't want to."
"Don't try fight me, babe."
"Get off me. Let me go." I say deparately, pushing against his chest harder. He bends down and starts kissing my neck. I push and hit his chest. He begins to drag me off the crowded sweaty dance floor, ignoring my desperate attempts to escape.
"Braiden, let her go." I hear James say. Braided reluctantly lets me go and I run into James' arms. He holds me tight and close to his side. Braiden smirks at me.
"Next time sugar, next time." He says before walking away from us and slipping further onto the dance floor. James cups my face in his hands.
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asks, worried.
"I'm fine, I'm fine." I say. My eyes drop down to his lips and I kiss them, but James quickly pulls away.
"I'm not going to kiss you." He tells me.
"Why?" I whine.
"Because you're drunk. And I don't want you to be angry with me in the morning when you remember what happens tonight. I don't want to kiss you while you're not you." He explains. Disappointment rushes through me and I shrug. Then he pushes past me to a girl who looks like Josh and looks about my age.
"I'll be back soon." He tells me. Jealousy hits me hard and I take a few more shots. I look back over to James and, I'm guessing, Josh's sister. She's backed up on the wall and James is standing slightly in front slightly to the side of her, his arm resting against the wall above her. I want to go over there and kiss him. Show that he's mine. Instead I down another another beer and dance around on the dance floor by myself, grinding up against random girls and random guys. I see Kit Kat coming down the stairs looking rather disheveled. I give her a knowing smirk as Josh comes down behind her. She blushes, and grabs a beer before coming and dancing with me.
"Here." She hands me a joint and a lighter. Me being drunk and idiotic, take the joint, putting it between my lips before lighting it and taking a drag. I blow the smoke into her face and she laughs. I hand it to her and she takes a drag too, blowing the smoke into the air.
Soon enough we're both high and drunk and it's about 2 am. I stumble around the dance floor as people say their goodbyes and thank yous. And then there was four of us. Josh, James, Kit Kat and I. All drunk. All high.
"This party was so sick." James says as he slumps on the couch. I slump on the other end of the couch, after unlocking all the bedrooms, and he beckons me over to him but I ignore him.
"It sure was. I must say though, I don't know if you're the same, but Kit Kat is really a tigress in bed." The whole room goes silent.
"What?" James snaps, breaking the silence. He pushes himself up to stand and Josh does too.
"James, don't worry about it." Kit Kat tries to assure her brother.
"No, I will fucking worry about it!" James shouts. "We had a fucking agreement, Josh, and you broke it." James is getting right in Josh's face.
"Back off, man." Josh shoves James. "She loved it. She was moaning and screaming my name." He smirks. I stand up and push James onto the couch. James pushes me aside with one swipe and stands back up.
"Do you remember what happened last time you were a complete asshole?" He asks. "I beat you up and won. I don't want to have to repeat that, because my wrist is a bit sore today."
"That just means I'll have an advantage." Josh says before throwing a punch James. It hits his cheek, leaving a cut on his cheek bone. Kit Kat lets out a scream and jumps onto Josh's back.
"Stop!" I yell as the two boys keep punching each other. Kit Kat leans back in an attempt to pull Josh back and it works enough for me to get in between them and push James onto the couch again. I sit on top of him and start kissing his neck. This seems to relax him a bit more but not enough.
"Amber, get the fuck off me." He shouts, scaring me enough that I scoot off him. Before he can get up, I'm in between them again and I yell at the top of my lungs.
"STOP! JUST STOP!" I yell, my temper finally boiling over. "It's my goddamn birthday and you'll both be so fucking sorry in the next five minutes if you keep fighting!" The whole room is silent. Kit Kat stops attacking Josh and James stays still.
"Josh, go to your fucking room. Kit Kat, to yours too." I tell them both. Josh and Kit Kat walk up the stairs in silence and Josh goes to follow Kit Kat into her room but I bark at him to keep walking. She hisses at me like a cat and I snarl back at her. Once their bedroom doors close I look at James. Blood is oozing out of his cut and he smears it away with the back of his hand.
"Can you please just let your sister be happy?" I ask quietly.
"Don't try to talk to me about happiness, you know nothing of it." He snaps. Ouch. That actually hurt. I feel tears well up in my eyes and I meet his gaze.
"I was happy when I was with you." I whisper, making him look away angrily. "But tonight, from now on, I'm just going to be pissed because I liked you and you made out with Josh's sister all to get back at Josh. Do you know how much that fucking hurt me?" He looks into my watery eyes and rushes forward, pressing his lips against mine. I shove him away from me and slap him across the face. He looks at me shocked, holding his half-bleeding, now reddening cheek.
"Don't kiss me, dickhead. That's not going to work." I turn and walk up the stairs to my room where I slam the door shut. I strip off to my bra and underwear and climb into bed. I chuck all the cards and small presents onto the ground, deciding I will open them tomorrow. I doze off in a matter of minutes and am soon off in dreamland.