Goodbye...

"Watch it all go by, was it really true?
Is that what it was, was that really you?
I'm looking back again, I'm tracing back the thread
You said it was a miss, was it just in my head?

And so help me decide
Help me to make up, make up my mind
Wouldn't that save you?
Wouldn't that save you?" - Save You, Matthew Perryman Jones

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Ben ended up calling the police who followed us to the place where Oli was. They surrounded the place and when they brought the people out, they also brought out a body bag on a stretcher. When Oli didn't come out I assumed the worst. And as I was later told, what I had assumed was correct.
The body bag they had brought out, contained Oli. They had killed him. Oli was dead.
So the reason I'm telling you this, is because I'm currently sitting at the end of a pier in Barwon Heads where James made me follow clues to. He fell asleep next to me to make sure I was safe, but we all know that I was never been safe and I never will be.
The cold water laps against my feet in the dark of the early morning. The water looks as black as black can be. I glance behind me as I hear the creak of the wooden pier. Nothing and no one is behind me. I check my phone for the time. 4:46 am. I place it beside the heavy rock beside me and sigh as I close my eyes.
"This is going to be the way I die." I say to myself. "Just like my mother. Drowned and sorry. I'll get to see Ryan, my mum, Mac and Oli again. Just get in the water, pull the rock down onto your chest and let it sink you." I let out a breath and open my eyes. I look out across the ocean towards the horizon as the sun peaks out.
"You have lost your true love. You've lost your mum. You've lost your brother. You've lost your best friend. And now you're going to lose yourself." I tell myself. I swallow hard as the wind nips at my cheeks and noes and whips my blonde hair around. I push myself into the water and let the coldness enter my system. I feel the water lap up against my neck and I take a deep shaky breath. I check the time again. 4:56 am.
"I'm sorry, James." I say, looking towards the sky.

James's P.O.V.

I reach out in front of me to feel no one is lying next to me. I sit bolt up. Shit! Where is she? I look at my clock. It reads 4:46 am in red digital numbers. I jump out of bed, pulling on a t-shirt and track pants. I slip on my thongs and leave my room, heading down to the living room.
"Amber?" I callout. No one answers. I bound up the stairs and bang on Josh's door. He groans.
"What the fuck do you want? It's quarter to 5 in the fucking morning." He shouts at me.
"Amber's missing." I hear stumbling and crashing about on the other side of the door before it opens and Josh appears there fully clothed with shoes on and his hair actually looking half decent.
"Let's go look at the beach." He tells me. I nod and we head downstairs. A piece of paper on the island bench. I read out loud.
"James, and Josh," I begin. "By the time you read this. It will probably be too late. I can't do this anymore. And this time I'm for real. I'm at that same pier that I'd followed the clues you left me that time. I hope you understand. I love you James, with all of my heart. Please, please, please let me go. It doesn't have to be in your heart if you don't want, but in your head, you have to.
"I love you. Goodbye." I finish. Josh looks at me wide eyed.
"Bro, is she serious?" He asks. I nod. My hands are shaking uncontrollably.
"We have to go to that pier." I say. Josh nods and runs to the front door, throwing it open. I follow him and we both run down the gravel road to the path that leads to the beach. We get onto the beach and I see the sun rising across the water.
"She's going to kill herself." I yell at Josh as we sprint along the beach towards our little spot.
"Not if we get there before she does, man." He replies. I shake my head as tears fill my eyes. I push myself harder until we turn come around the bend and I see the pier. I check the time on my phone. 4:56 am. I look to the end of the pier and see no one except a rock. My steps falter and I can't breath.
"No," I say under my breath. Josh doesn't stop running. He sprints past me, yelling at me to keep running. I look at the end of the pier again and see someone or something in the water. It takes me a moment but I recollect myself and keep running. We both get closer to the pier and I see who it is in the water.
"AMBER!" I shout. I see her reach for the rock and just as I set foot on the wood, she pulls it into the water and I hear the splash of it in the water.

Amber's P.O.V.