What You Need.

"Yeah, oh yeah.
You make me wanna slit my wrists,
And play in my own blood.
Yeah, oh yeah.
You make me wanna kill myself,
Just for the fucking fun.

So don't tell me what I can't see.
Cause we both know it's you not me.
You don't want this but it's what you need.
And you'll see when you believe." - What You Need, Bring Me The Horizon. (The video is of Follow You. It's still from the new album That's The Spirit by Bring Me The Horizon, but I couldn't find What You Need ☹️)
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

I wake the next morning splayed across my bed, my head throbbing. My eyes flutter open and I immediately screw them shut tightly.
Great. I just loooove hangovers.
I groan as I sit up. I hold my head as the throbbing ebbs away. My mouth has a disgusting taste and is as dry as sandpaper. I grab the tall glass of water on my bedside table and drink the whole thing in two seconds flat. Just as I set the glass back on the table, there's a knock on my door.
"Come in." I call, flopping back on my pillows. The door opens and in comes James carrying a tray with food on it.
"How did you know that this was always the way to make me happy?" I ask, a small smile on my lips. He gives a faint smile back and sets the tray over my legs.
"I remember a lot of things about you." He says, his tone genuine. "But last night was something I never want to remember again." He says his voice wavering. He sits on the edge of my bed.
"Yes. What you did was wrong."
"Irreversible. How can you even look at me?"
"Because I like you. A lot."
"Why? After what I did last night?"
"Yes. Nobody's perfect, and last night, you were confused and drunk and upset and that's just the equation for anger and resent. I've encountered much worse remember."
"Don't try to sugar coat what I did."
"I'm not. James, I forgive you, you should forgive yourself." He sighs. I take a big mouth full of Nutella and strawberries on toast as he mulls over my words. Finally he nods and looks up at me for the first time since he's walked in.
"I'm so sorry. Forgive me please."
"It's alright. I forgive you." I smile. He cups my face with one of his hands and kisses me slowly and meaningfully. I feel his lips curl into a smirk as I return the kiss. He pulls away, a smile on his soft lips.
"What?" I ask, pushing a piece of my wavy blonde hair behind my ear.
"You taste like Nutella." He tells me happily. I laugh as he pulls me closer towards him and kisses me more.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He says between kisses. I laugh and hold his head still so I can just kiss him.
"There's two Panadols under the plate for that killer headache I know you have." He grins as he stands up and walks out of the room. "Again I'm sorry and I'm going for a surf in about two hours so come with me." I nod with a smile as I take another bite of my toast and he closes the door.
After I finish my toast and take the tablets, I relax in bed. Just as I'm about to drift off, my phone blows up with the annoying ringtone of "I'm a gummy bear". Without checking the caller ID, or remembering who I set the ring tone for, I answer.
"Hello?" I ask, my voice dull and bored.
"Amber, please come back to me." Oli whispers through the phone, his voice cracking.
"Oli?" I ask, shocked he called me.
"I need you, Amber. More then anything." Memories of being with him and being happy with him come flooding into my head, drowning any other memory I've had with James or Dylan. I swallow as a dull ache starts in my chest.
"It's too late, Oli."
"But I need you. I need you now. I miss you." He says in a pained tone. "I love you." He adds softly and in defeat. I chew the inside of my lip hard, holding back tears. I love you too, a voice inside my head says. My heart begs me to say it but my head holds me back.
"I'm going to hang up now Oli. Don't call me again or James will get annoyed." I manage to say without sounding sad.
"Don't hang up. Please, I'm in trou-" I end the call before I can hear anymore of his voice and feel guilty as fuck. I chuck my phone at the foot of my bed and sit up.
I get changed into my bikini as my phone continues to ring with Oli's ring tone. I put my phone on silence before putting on my acid wash short shorts and slipping on one of Ryan's tops. I slip on my thongs and glance at my phone that's just finished ringing.
24 missed calls from Oliver
I roll my eyes and walk out of my room, shoving my shorts pocket. James and Josh are sitting on the couch playing Fallout 4 while Kit Kat is no where to be seen.
"Where's Kit Kat?" I asked the boys. James doesn't reply as he is too engrossed in shooting a mutant monster and Josh doesn't look away from the tv but points up stairs. I assume he means in her room so I make my way back up the stairs and to her bedroom door. I knock and when there's no reply, I open it. I gasp when I see her tangled up in some guys arms who aren't Josh's. She stirs and her eyes flutter open. She looks around and then to me. Her eyes widen and she tries to get me to be quiet. I stay quiet and just shut the door. I walk back downstairs stunned and plonk down on the couch next to James.
"You alright?" He asks, glancing at me. I nod, staying quiet.
"I'm going to check on Kit Kat." Josh says, putting his remote down.
"No!" I quickly exclaim, standing up and shoving the controller back in his hands. "Uhhhh, teach me how to play." I tell him. He gives me a strange look but complies. As he's teaching me all the techniques of how to play I pretend to act interested when I'm really thinking about how Kit Kat is going to get that guy out of her room. Although the house is double storey, it's nearly as high as a three storey house. All of a sudden I see the guy, who was with Kit Kat, bolt down the stairs and out of the house with nothing but boxers on, his clothes bundled in his arms. Josh, James and I follow him with our eyes, our heads turning to trace him. We stay silent. My eyes widen as Kit Kat comes down the stairs with a guilty look on her face in a burgundy singlet and white ripped jeans with black vans. I give her a sympathetic smile as Josh stands, shoving the controller into my hands aggressively. Kit Kat stop a few meters from us. Josh walks right up to her and shoves her roughly.
"Who the fuck was that?" He shouts. James stands up and walks closer, ready to intervene if he has to. I don't want Kit Kat to get hurt. I feel bad. I'm about to say that he was sleeping with me, taking the blame for her, but she opens her mouth and speaks.
"Matt. I was feeling really shit last night. I don't know why, but I just wanted to forget, so I snuck out and went to the liquor store. I drank half a bottle of tequila and I was stumbling along the side of the road and then he found me. And I was a blubbering mess and he calmed me down and made me laugh and he made me happy and he kissed me and I kissed him back and I brought him back here and he managed to keep me quiet until we got to my room. He was just there at the right time and the right place." She explains quickly. "I'm sorry Josh." She adds, looking down at the ground. He stays silent for a moment before reaching out towards her, and when I think he's going to hit her, he grabs her chin between his thumb and forefinger and makes her look at him. Then he kisses her gently.
"Didn't I make you laugh? Didn't I make you happy?" He asks quietly. This is painful to watch. It's like one of those scenes in a romance movie that makes you cry.
"You did, but I was stupid and I can't look at you without feeling guilty as hell. I'm so sorry." She says, looking into his eyes. "I'm going to leave. I think it's best if I do." He doesn't try to protest or object and neither does James. She pulls her face out of Josh's hands and walks up the stairs, returning in a few minutes with her bag in her hand. I feel a lump in my throat. She drops her bag at the front door and turns to us as I stand. She runs towards me and jumps onto me, peppering my faces with butterfly kisses. I laugh and fall back onto the couch.
"I'm going to miss you!" I exclaim.
"Oh don't worry, I'll be texting you every night and day." She replies. I laugh again and she gets off me and wraps her arms around her brother's neck kissing his cheek and burying her face into his neck.
"I'll miss you, Kitty."
"Oh, stop sulking Jimmy." She chuckles. "Be good to Amber, won't you? She's special and I actually like her unlike your previous girlfriends."
"I will Kit Kat, you don't have to worry about it." He smiles, winking at me. She kisses his cheek again before letting him go. She looks at Josh who meets her gaze and then turns away and walks up stairs to his room. She watches him, her eyes watering. I feel so bad.
"I guess I'll be off then." She says when we hear Josh's bedroom door close.
"Ok." James says. "He'll come around, Kitty, he always does." She smiles sadly at her brother before picking up her bag, hugging me one last time and then walking outside where her taxi is waiting. She puts her bag in the trunk and waves goodbye, getting in the back of the taxi.
We wave goodbye until the car is out of sight before going back inside.
"I feel so bad." I say as we sit down on the couch. James slides closer to me and wraps his arm around me, pulling me to his side.
"Don't, it was her mistake and it's for them to work out. And they will work it out." He assures me. I sigh and shrug.
"I know what will get you into a better mood." He says after a moment of silence.
"What?" He looks at me as I look up at him.
"Lots of kisses." He smirks.
"Hmm, yes. Maybe. But you're going to have to catch me first." I jump up and run up the stairs and into his room. James is close to follow. I let out a squeal as he runs into his room after me. I jump onto his bed and throw his pillows at him.
"Oi!" He laughs. He lunges at me, trying to tackle me, but he misses and I leap off the bed and out of the room, back downstairs. I run into the kitchen with James in close persue. I stop running when I am opposite to him, the island bench dividing us. My phone falls out of my pocket and onto the floor and I reach down to pick it up and in a split second James has me caged in his arms against the cold marble bench. I pocket my phone and smile, looking up at him. He smirks down at me and leans down, placing his lips on mine. His lips move against mine and I do the same to his. His hands go down to my thighs and he breaks our kiss quickly to tell me to jump. I do and he lifts me onto the island bench. I wrap my legs around his waist and continue kissing him. He moves from my lips down my chin and to my neck where he bites and sucks gently on the skin. He bites harder and I know for sure there is going to be a mark later today.
"Ugh." Someone says behind us. "Can you make out somewhere else please? Cheers." Josh says, uninterested.
"Gladly, mate." James replies, grabbing my hand and pulling me off the bench, up the stairs and back into his room. He pushes me onto the bed, flicking the door shut with his foot. He climbs over me, holding himself above me to not crush me and begins kissing me. I kiss him back and push him off me and onto his back before claiming over him and straddling him. I lean forward and grab him bottom lip between my teeth gently, pulling it and tugging it. His hands grip my waist as I pull away. I look down at him and decide to be a bitch.
"Let's go surfing." I say, getting off him and walking out of the room. He's quick to follow and before I can reach the stairs he presses me against the banister, my back against his front, and I feel just how much I was turning him on. My eyes widen and he kisses my neck.
"You can't just leave me like this." He whispers.
"Yah, I can." I smile, pushing him away and walking down the stairs. I go into the board room and grab two short boards. I come back out and James is leaning up against the front door with his arms crossed and a pout on his lips. I hand him his short board and he takes it with a sigh.
"3 hour surf at the maximum." He says. I smile and nod as we walk out the door into overcast day.
"I have work in a out 4 hours any way, so perfect timing." I say. He winks at me and takes my hand.

We surfed for a few hours then we came back home and I went to work for 4 hours. James wouldn't stop texting how much he missed me every 5 minutes and I ended up turning off my phone.
"Did you like all my text messages?" James asks me in the kitchen as we wash the dishes.
"Loved them, but you were kind of annoying."
"You love me." He grins, flicking water on my face. I jump back and wipe my face, laughing.
"Suuuuuure." I smirk. He chuckles and dries the last dish. I put it away after he's handed it to me. I turn around and he kisses me. I smile at the surprise and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I pull away and he frowns at the loss of contact.
"I'm going to get changed into my pyjamas. Come into my room after though." I tell him, pulling out of his arms.
"Can't I come now?" He asks.
"No." I laugh. I walk up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door behind me. I change into my black trackies and a dark teal one of Ryan's t-shirts. I've only just pulled it down over my head before James bursts through the door and tackles me onto the bed, kissing me. I laugh as I turn my head away, making him kiss my neck. He kisses me deeply and I kiss him back. I feel something vibrate in my front right pocket. James pulls away, his eyes closed and he let's out a sigh.
"Sorry." I say, feeling guilty as I pull out my phone. I look at the screen and freeze at the caller ID.
Mac 💕💕💕
Tears immediately well up in my eyes and scramble out from underneath James.
"Amber what's wrong?" James asks, looking at me worried. I put a hand over my mouth and show him my phone as it continues to ring. He looks at it, confused at first but then he understands and stands up, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently. I answer it, knowing I won't hear his voice but hoping I will.
"Hello?" I manage to choke out.
"Amber, please just hear me out?" He pleads. Oli pleads.
"How do you manage to call me through his number?"
"I know how to hack," he says quickly, "Amber, please just let me explain."
"Why should I?"
"I'm in trouble."
"What? How? With who?" As much as I hated him, I still cared for him.
"I've done something bad. They're big scary people. Amber, please, you have to help me." I can hear the exhaustion and desperateness in his voice and my heart breaks a bit.
"If this is some stupid fluke to get me back, it's not going to work."
"It's not, I swear on my life."
"What do you need?" I hear silence and then muffled shouts. "Oli?" I ask, panic setting in.
"I can hear them. Oh god, Amber. They're here. They're going to find me. They're going to kill me." His voices cracks.
"Oli, calm down. Where are you? What's your location?"
"I'm in the warehouse. It's dark and cold and empty. They're right outside." He explains.
"Okay. Oli, I'm going to send the police to your location." I gesture for James to call the cops and he picks up his phone.
"No!" Oli shouts through the phone. "If we catch these guys, they'll send more after me. They won't stop till I'm dead." I look at James and shake my head. He puts his phone in his pocket and studies my face as I listen to the silence on the other end of the phone. I can hear his heavy, panicked breaths.
"Oli, listen to me." I say quietly, just in case my voice is loud and audible through his phone. "Get out the back way, and if you have to, get onto the roof." He doesn't reply. I can hear muffled yells and Oli's breathing. Panic is flowing quickly through my veins.
"Oli, please. Talk to me. Say something."
"How fast can you get here?" He asks in whisper.
"I'm leaving now. I don't know how long it will be. As fast as James can drive. Oli, please stay safe, I'll see you soon."
"I need you." But I don't hear him as I pull the phone from my ear.
"We're leaving right now." I tell James. He doesn't hesitate, holding my hand tightly as I pull him out of my room and down the stairs. I slip on my thongs and James grabs his car keys before yelling out to Josh that we are leaving and to call if he needs anything. We get into his car and speed off, out of Barwon Heads and towards the city of Melbourne.