What happens at home...

If you were missing me I'll try to stay alone, If your soul is free will it ever find a home? -Loveless, Dream on Dreamer

=+=+=+=

Mac drops me off at my doorstep. He kisses the top of my head and gives me a big hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiles, walking back down the dirt path.

"Okay, see ya." I wave goodbye and enter the house. The usual smell of alcohol greets me and I drop my bag at my door. The television is on and there, in his rotting armchair, sits my dad, Colin. He glances up and me and then continues watching.

"How was school?" He asks, more as a 'have to' question than an actual conversation question.

"Great." I sigh. He shrugs and glues his eyes back to the tv screen. One day I will escape this hell. I go into the kitchen and check in the fridge. Beer, beer, and more beer. "Ryan!" I yell. Ryan, my brother, appears by my side.

"You called." He smiles. I hug him.

"We need more food."

"And you need to get a job. All the food is coming from my money. Colin's too drunk to move and is wasting all his money on beer." Ryan sighs.

"I know, but you know I can't get a job. They don't ever accept me. They think I'm to "rebellious.""

"Maybe you need to try being a bit more friendly."

"Ryan, don't start that shit with me!" I warn. He chuckles and walks back to his room. I end up grabbing a shrivelled carrot from the crisper. I walk to my room and flop onto my bed. I pull out my phone and text Mac.

Me: hey

Mac: what's up?

Me: the usual...

Mac: i know i ask this every time but is there anything i can do?

Me: get me a ticket to another country?

Mac: done!

Me: can i sleep at your place tonight? colin is full of it tonight!

Mac: sure :)

Me: thank you so much. ryan is going to his girlfriends for the night so i would be alone with colin :(

Mac: dont worry. come over around 5:30 so you can have dinner with us

Me: cool. ill see you then :)

Mac: bai xx

Me: xx

I lock my phone and pack my black rucksack with my pj's, makeup and phone. I leave it on my bed and go into Ryan's room.

"I'm sleeping at Mac's tonight." I tell him. Ryan pats the bed beside him and I sit next to him. He pulls me close to him and kisses the top of my head.

"That's good. Maybe you should just move in with him." He chuckles.

"I wish." I reply. He squeezes me.

"You know you could come with me." He says out of the silence.

"What? Where?"

"I'm... moving in with Ali." He says quietly.

"What?!" I exclaim. "And leaving me here with that drunk out there?!"

"I said you could move in with us."

"Ryan! I'd just get in the way! I can't believe you! Maybe I should just run away! Or kill myself!"

"Amber, don't say that."