Airplane

a/n: dedication to @RedBlackLady for my first amazing cover!! Check her out :)))))

You had never been scared of flying before now that is. There hadn't been any recent tragedies or any plane crashes, but you couldn't help feeling a little nervous. It had been years since you had been flying and you assumed that's why you were so nervous.

"You're okay, I promise." You squeezed his hand tight as he tried to comfort you. You weren't even on the plane yet and had barely checked in. He comforted you as best he could, but you had a sick feeling in your stomach that you couldn't avoid.

"Welcome, Ma'am." The assistant had a warm smile as she welcomed us to her bay. "A little vacation for the two of you?" She questioned as Dylan placed our luggage on the weight.

"Honeymoon, actually. We married last week." He answered on our behalf and I smiled now fumbling with the bands on my finger.

"Congratulations!" She smiled from ear to ear as if it had been her wedding. "Let me see what I can do for you two?"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." You smiled. You didn't care about that upgrade, just as long as you would be sitting with him, you were peachy. You snaked your arm around his waist as he slung his over your shoulders.

"Well too late. Here we go." Her smile was contagious and you couldn't help yourself. "Have a beautiful flight."

"Thank you very much.... Susan." He read her name badge.

"My pleasure, Dylan." She winked, sending you on your way.

You followed through the rest of the security, growing more and more nervous as you approached your gate. You sat for forty minutes waiting for your flight to be called, which was enough time for you to conjure up six worst case scenarios, five where the plane crashes.

"We can't sit here forever, babe. I got you, (Y/N)." He held your hand in his. You admired his veiny hands he considered his most admirable feature and nodded at the comfort you found. "Come on, I got you." He made an exaggerated noise as he stood. Your hand luggage followed behind you. There was a new attendant who greeted you and wished you well for your flight.

"Deep breaths, lets do it together." He squeezed your side as you progressed to the plane. This is it, you thought while you stood at the bottom of the stairs leading straight to the plane. Dylan tugged your hand in his as you progressed up the stairs together.

"Good afternoon, Mr. O'Brien." The airhostess greeted him running her eyes up and down quickly. She was sly, but you hadn't missed it.

"And Mrs. O'Brien." He added sweetly, turning back to you with his puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, just the first seats to your left." Her smile became fake all too quickly as she handed us our tickets.

"Alright, everyone please take your seat for takeoff." An airhost spoke over the intercom and you quickly complied, tightening your seatbelt. Dylan chuckled slightly.

"What?" You were confused. Was there something on your face? That's what you need, embarrass yourself in front of the airhostess who wanted your boyfriend... husband.

"You're just too cute. Come here." He pulled the armrest up and pulled you to his chest rubbing his hand up and down your arm just how you loved it. "I love you, baby."

"More than the Mets?" You joked.

"Almost, you're a close second," he spoke through a cheeky smile as you jokingly punched his arm and nestled up beside him.