The Break

a/n: so i got so into this, Zara, so there is going to be a second part so stay tuned!!! so this is the breaking ups part, but I hope its not too sad!! enjoy and also, theres going to be an early update for part two of car crash because it was so highly requested :))))) thanks guys so much for that, y'all know how much I love you all!!  we're at 12.2K reads and 500 votes (wtf omg) xxx (this is super long hence the part two coming soon xx)

"Dylan, babe, I'm home," your voice rung throughout your small apartment that you shared with your fiancé. Even though you were both busy with your hectic acting schedules, Dylan being the lead of the Maze Runner and you working on your latest project with Nina Dobrev, you both decided a shared apartment would be your home in between jobs.

"Hey, Zara," he smiles as he places a delicate kiss to your head meeting you at the door. He takes the bags from your hands and you follow him to the kitchen, leaving your shoes at the door. "You asked for no chutney, right?" He asks, unpacking the bags onto separate plates.

"We've only dated for like forever, of course I said no chutney." You snake your arm around his waist as he plated up the food and then watched from the kitchen as he carried your meals to the table.

It was hard to coordinate your schedules, but somehow it just worked for you. You had known the difficulties of getting into a relationship, but you were so in love and so crazy for each other that it hadn't mattered to you. It had been two months since you had seen each other and five since you had spent more than three days with each other. You had been trying to coordinate christmas together, but it looked like you would't get more than eight days alone together. You took what you could, though.

"Have you heard anything about that Nicolas Sparks movie?" You had both audition just so you could both be in the same place together at the time.

"Not yet, I think there would be something about it next month," he said unsure as he began to start his meal. You sat directly opposite him at the small table you had bought from a flea market. The conversation flowed naturally and it helped you to remember why you had fallen for him.

"Have you met with the wedding planner yet, babe?" His dish was clean as he leant back in his seat.

"Not yet," you finished your last spoonful, "are we going to be one of those couples who are just engaged forever?" You asked, half joking, half serious because you knew there would never be enough time.

"Babe," there was a real sincerity in his voice, "of course we will," he changed in an instant with a bright smile and joking voice gave you some hope.

"Dyl-" you began before the all to familiar sounds of a phone ringing sounded off again. You sighed, disappointed that it had barely been two hours uninterrupted.

"Hey, it's Dylan," he picked up the phone and the left the room. His face said sorry, but his actions said business. You tried not to take it to heart and began to clean after the two of you.

Three hours later, six episodes of Modern Family and a bottle of pink lemonade later, Dylan is finally off the phone. He closes the bedroom door behind himself as he comes into the living area. You're on the brink of sleep as he gently shakes your shoulder to check if you're awake.

"Sorry about that, Zar, just Jeff with pitches and timetabling." He throws his arm around you and watches on.

"You were on the phone for," you check your phone, "three hours? Dylan," you whine.

"Zara, it's my job, you understand, right?"

"I wish I didn't," you mutter under your breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He grabs the remote to turn down the volume.