Reunited

a/n: here we are gorgeous! hope you enjoy this one! just to let you ladies know, I'm posting my stories on tumblr as well now (let me know if you have come from there!!)! we're at 63.8k reads and 2k votes!!! guys i love you so much :)))))) (also, I GOT A HAIRCUT AND IM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT)

5 months, 30 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes and 18 seconds since you had last seen your boyfriend. The longest 6 months on your total existence. Your friends had notice how excited you were getting in the last few weeks. Skyping and texting just wasn't cutting it anymore. You desperately wanted to hold him in your arms and smell that oh-so familiar cologne you sprayed on his pillow at night. Or his over worn Adidas next to your shoes by the front door or the picture of him with his towel hung just low enough around his wast.

What could you say, you were in love. You knew he had been counting down as well considering he was the one who recommend that you also download the app for countdowns.

For 6 months, you ignored every boy that wasn't him and long for the day that the boy would finally be him. And today was the day.

You had butterflies in your stomach waiting in the airport. He had texted you his flight details so you could meet him there. His flight was coming in really early to escape the usually crowds of preferable flights, but you knew you wouldn't be able to sleep anyway knowing he was on his way home.

You watched the boards anxiously, just waiting for his flight to finally start flashing 'landed'.

You imagined all of the love and good energy that would be coming from his return. He would finally be back. You apartment would finally feel like more of a home.

You watched the floating families waiting by the gates for their loved ones, some getting overly emotional and others holding huge greeting signs. You are incisively tapping your shoe against the metal barrier keeping you from roaming straight to him.

After six months of filming, this was finally it, you thought as the green light began to flash next to his flight.

You heart began to race and the butterflies lit up in your stomach. You couldn't conceal your smile.

You were stretching your neck, desperately trying to see past the sliding doors for any chance to get a glimpse of Dylan. You didn't notice his hair first, in fact it was his hands. You recognised the veins as he hand over his passport before the doors closed before you.

"Benedikte!" You don't remember the few moments between the first glimpse and the greeting as you ran into his arms. He discarded his bag behind him, his arms wrapping tightly around your torso.

Your head was nudged in his neck as you took in the familiar scent sending your insides into over drive.

"Dylan," you breathed, your voice lost in the pace of your heart. "I can't believe it," you smiled, gripping his face between your hands. His eyes, his nose, his lips. Oh, how you missed them.