Inside the Maze

a/n: I'm sorry how long this took, Becky!! I hope you enjoy this! ALSO, please keep Dylan in your prayers and thoughts, he should cover but lets hope its sooner rather than later! Don't listen to the TMZ reports okay! Thank you guys for being so supportive, lets support our main boy! We love you, Dylan :)))) xxx

"Becky, everyone here is relying on me!" He yells at you. You don't quite remember what started the fight.

"Do I not count? What about us, Thomas?" You reach out for him, but he quickly pulls away. "Thomas, don't you dare." You threaten.

"Becky, I need to help these people. They're relying on me! You just don't understand," he's rolling his eyes.

"Thomas, you're putting too much pressure on yourself! Talk to me, don't ignore me, Thomas, I'm here for you." You reach out for him again, wrapping your hands around his bicep.

"You wanna talk," his voice is relatively calm, which intimidates you. He pauses for a few moments and you see his chest release a deep blow of air. "I think we should call this off." He's not looking at you.

"Thomas, you don't mean that." Your grip loosens, but you don't want to release.

"Becky, I need to focus on getting everyone out."

"Why does that weight fall on your shoulders?" You trying not to cry, but your vision is blurry behind your glassy eyes.

"Because I'm different from everyone else and I can use that to get us out."

"Thomas, no..." you hush. He wraps his arms around you, pulling your head to his chest.

"I'm sorry, Becky." He whispers into your ear. You close your eyes hoping it's not real, but soon his warmth leaves you. You can't help the tears falling as you drop to your knees clutching your stomach. You whimper lightly, your breath hitching in your throat.

You don't think too much about the following line of events. You just know that you can't just sit by.

"I'm gonna fix it," you mumble, weakly pulling yourself from the ground and stumbling forward. Your feet carry you through, your eyesight blurry.

"I'll fix it," you whisper under your breath.

You bow your head down, slowly picking up the face, wiping some tears from your face. You continue to let your feet lead the way, trudging along.

Mumbling under your breath, you don't realised how heavily you're breathing. You see the gates and you don't think twice as you carry yourself through.

"I'll save him," you spit out moments before you black out.

---

Your body feels like a heavy weight as you draw back into consciousness reviving the feeling in your fingers and toes.

"Becky?" A familiar voice whispers as they swipe a strand of hair form your face. You groan in response, slowly opening your eyes under the bright light hanging above you.

"Sorry," he mutters as the light moves from your view. Eyelids flutter open as you adjust to the light.

"Thomas," you mumble, twitching at the throbbing pain in your head.

"Becky," his hand tightens around yours as your vision clears and his big, brown eyes are clear as day. "How're you feeling?"

"Tired," you attempt to stretch your legs out on the hard plank of a bed. "What happened?"

"You must have tripped over the vines. We found you lying on the ground." He's holding your hand as if he's scared of letting go. "What were you doing in there? You could've gotten yourself killed, Becky."

"I wanted to help," you whisper. You feel stupid now for running straight into the maze with zero game plan, but you wanted to help him.

"That's crazy." He scoffs.

"Is it?" You ask, somewhat defensive. "All you care about is saving everyone. Thomas, you put too much pressure on yourself. Let us help you! You can't doing everything on your own and we all want to help. You're not a lone wolf, Thomas. We're happy to be you're pack." You splurge how you, not scared that he might get upset. He hung his head low as he took the seat beside you.

"Its just that, I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me." He confesses.

"Thomas," you speak softly, sifting a hand through his messy hair. "We want to help, we want to stand by you, we want to follow you. Thomas, you inspire us, you give them hope."

"But, Becky-"

"No 'buts' Thomas." You smile down at him, "we are going to help you whether you like it or not."

A small smile begins to grow on his face as he presses a delicate kiss to the back on your hand. "Promise me one thing," he asks. You only nod in response.

"Never run out there alone cause I don't want to imagine this without you."