Cold Feet

a/n: guys we're ranked 263 and I was so excited I UPDATED!! I hope you like this Jacey and that everyone enjoyed their easter holidays (wish they would last forever)! let me know if you've come from my tumblr, that would be awesome! love you guys so much :))))) we're at 66.4k reads and 2.1k votes!!! stay fabulous xxx

You remember him asking last month about how much to spend on an engagement ring, but in the context, you hadn't even imagined him proposing to you. Three months salary adorned your finger, the finger the represented your partner, a link that wasn't supposed to break.

You couldn't help but fidget with it, the diamond still unfamiliar and new to your hand. You played with it, rolled it around on your finger, caressing each edge of the perfectly, cut diamond.

A fight, a petty little fight, had you wound up alone on your shared bed, crying. You couldn't imagine a worse scenario. You loved him and you hoped he knew that. You didn't see him enough as it was, in fact that was the fight.

"Dylan, don't you think we could spend some time together?" You hoped he would take a hint as you seductively reached for his hand and looked over at him through your eyelashes.

"Justyn, I have to go." He places a swift his to your forehead, lunging for the bedroom. You follow on his tail, sighing.

"You're always away, Dylan!" You shout, your voice echoing through the house as you finally meet him huddled over a bag on the bed.

"It's my job, babe. What do you expect?"

"I expect you to pay me a little more attention." You say as you walk towards. You begin to unpack some things from his bag as he trolls around the room. "You asked me to marry you, yet I feel like I never see you."

"What are you doing?" He ignores what you say as he nudges your hands from his bag. "This is important, Jacey."

"So is this, Dylan, stop!" You yell, stealing the bag from him. You hold the material high in the air and away from him. You must look like an idiot.

"Jacey, I can't do this now."

"If you don't have time for me now, how do you expect to marry me?" You're yelling, furious at how ignorant he is acting towards your feelings.

"Babe, there will be plenty of time." He says softly, reaching out for his bag, but you pull away.

"Are you sure you want to commit to that?" Throwing his bag to the ground, you turn on your heel and rush from the room. It wouldn't have been the first time he has seen you cry, but he can't see you like this now.

You feel stupid, lying here on the bed. You heard him slam the door behind him when he left earlier, but you haven't heard if he had returned.

You want to apologise, but you fear he won't change.

Naturally, it's your stomach that gets you to move. The grumbling pulls your attention from your ring and you figure that you'll be eating alone so why wait.

You sluggishly make your way to the kitchen, hiding in the pantry at the sound of voices. You squish your ear against the door as the voice become clearer.

"But TPose, I just don't know anymore!" You recognise Dylan's voice.

"Bro, marriage is going to be hard." Tyler responds, his voice slightly muffled. You assume he's eating something.

"But thats just it," Dylan begins again, "I don't know if she wants to marry me." You want to gasp, but all you figure is to cry. You stifle the whimpers behind your palm.

"Well, do you want to marry her?"

"Of course I do," he doesn't hesitate. "She makes me the happiest guy alive, but I just keep screwing it up." He punches his hand into something. You've seen him hit the breakfast bar when he's angry on the phone.

"Then stop screwing it up and go in there and tell her you love her."

"Do you think she'll still want to marry me?" Dylan asks. You recognise the sincerity in his voice, the tone he used when he asked you to marry him.

"Of course I will," you exclaim, diving out from the pantry. "Dylan, I would love to marry you."

"Jacey?" Tyler asks. He seems confused as he removes his hands from Dylan's shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Dylan asks before I can respond to Tyler.

"Will you promise to love me?" You ask.

"Of course, Jacey." He close to reproposing.

"Do you still want to spend time with me?" You look at your toes, a small part of you worried for his answer.

He tilts you head up with two fingers under your chin. His hand is soft on the palm of your back.

"I spent the last hours with Tyler because, I admit, I was scared to get married." You heart drops. "But, you know why I want to marry you?" You shake your head, not really sure of anything. "Because we passed by that park bench and I remembered our first kiss under the stars. We had fro-yo and instantly thought of your little addiction," he smiled, "because everything in this world reminds me of how lucky I am to have and to love you."

"Dylan," you breathe, quickly places your lips directly on his. His warmth radiates on you.

"As long as I'm still best man!"