Sixteen

Ashton finally texted me saying he was on the way over. I ran to my mums car, thankfully she was letting me use it for once, and put everything in it. He came up just as I was finished. Luckily, he didn't see anything. He smiled at me and I grabbed his hand. I pulled him toward the car and opened his door.
"I'm going to need you to put this on." I said handing him a blindfold.
I closed his door and ran around to my side. He looked hesitant yet started to tie on the blindfold. We didn't talk on the way because he couldn't see to write anything. I kept my hand on his so he would know he was safe. When we pulled up I helped him out of the car. I set everything up and took off his blindfold. He smiled when he seen what I had done. I had set up a picnic in the park. It was my favorite park because of the sunsets and not that many people knew about it. I liked to be alone, well not alone but not around that many people. I had brought all of Ashton's favorite snacks. I looked at him and he was still looking at the blanket. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.
"Oh Ashton." I said hugging him.
He hugged me tighter than any other time he had hugged me. When he pulled away I wiped the tears that fell.
"What's wrong? Your eyes aren't changing." I whispered still holding his cheeks.
He pulled out his notepad. I watched as he scribbled something down and his eyes turned purple. He was happy. I made him happy again.
No one has ever done anything this nice for me. I'm crying because I'm happy.
"I have something to ask you, but it can wait a little bit." I smiled.
He nodded and we sat down on the blanket, eating, cuddling, and looking at the stars.
I couldn't wait any longer.
"Ashton." I whispered.
He looked at me.
"I'm glad I made you happy." I smiled.
He smiled back at me.
"But could you make me the happiest and be my boyfriend?"

-Luke finally asked! Only a few chapters left. Hope you guys are enjoying this! -Lynds