Twenty

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!! EPILOGUE WILL BE UP RIGHT AFTER!

I felt the light brush of lips against my cheek. My eyes fluttered open to see a messy haired Ashton with pink eyes.
"Good morning to you too." I smiled.
He smiled back and kissed me. Then something came over me.
"Ashton, I love you." I said.
His eyes flashed pink. Love. Pink was love. He loved me too. I grabbed the notepad before giving him time to do anything. I wrote pink and love next to it and showed it to him. He gasped and his eyes started to flash.
Gray, yellow, blue, red, green, purple, and pink.
He gasped again and looked at me.
"Luke! I love you! I love you so much!"
He spoke. Ashton spoke. His voice was heavenly. I'd never heard anything that sounded so beautiful.
"Ashton! You just- you just-" he cut me off with a passionate kiss.
"I love you." He said putting his forehead on mine.
"Can-can you still not tell me?" I questioned.
"No I can tell you now." He smiled.
"Sit. You may need to." He continued.
I was shocked that he was actually talking. His voice was a bit raspy where he hadn't talked in so long. I looked at him as he sat down in front of me. I was sure he was shocked to.
"So um, I don't really know what to say. It's crazy really, all those years of not talking and when I can talk I don't know where to start." Ashton looked down at his hands. I took them from his lap and held them in mine.
"Take your time." I said.
We sat like that for a while before he finally explained.
"When I was 14 I met a guy who became my best friend. Being 14 you would think you couldn't fall in love but I did. The day I was going to tell him he told me he was moving. The next day he was gone and I was heartbroken. So heartbroken that I stopped talking. Shortly after that my eyes started to change color. One day I tried to talk but I couldn't. That was when I figured out I had to find someone who cared enough to figure it out, and that's you Luke. I found a new love. I love you Luke. And I know you love me too because you wouldn't have done this if you didn't." He finished.
I was shocked. Ashton had been in love before. I grabbed him and sat him in my lap. I laid my head on his shoulder.
"But I'm scared." He whispered after a while.
"Why baby?" I said cupping his cheek.
"I'm scared to love you. What if it happens again?"
"It won't happen again. I'll always be here. I promise."