Chapter 4

The next day after the English class fiasco with Dylan was pretty normal. Or so I thought, until after school.

I had my regular classes and Dylan didn't bother me at lunch. During English he was no where to be found. Thank god. I walked five minutes to get home and was pretty happy to be away from school. Time to read and go on Tumblr.

My routine is to get home, have snack, put on my silly pyjamas and read or internet time. Yeah, I was one of those people where after school I wanted to relax. Linsey learned this after she would always ask me to go to the mall and I would always say no.

I was sitting on my couch, watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, when I heard my doorbell ringing. I sighed, paused PLL and got the door. I think you can guess who was there.

Ding ding ding. It was Dylan. I just stared at him for a few seconds in shock thinking
1. How does he know where I live?
2. Why is he here?
3. Oh crap I'm wearing a unicorn onesie
4. How is he looking so attractive right now?

"Cindy, snap out of it" Dylan said trying to get my attention before snapping a finger in my face. Yeah that got my attention.

"What are you doing here O'Brien? Showing up to my house?" I said a little ticked off. Mainly because I'm in a unicorn onesie.

"I thought we could chill. Oo PLL nice, let's watch!" He said before pushing past me and sitting on my couch.

"Fine, But some ground rules. This is not "Netfilx and Chill", this is a 'weird kid come into my house without my permission and now we're watching Netflix,'. Okay?"

Dylan just nodded his head. I sat down beside him and continued watching my favourite show. After ten minutes I was hungry so I paused PLL and went to get a snack.

"Cindy where are you going"

"To the kitchen" I yelled back at Dylan.

Sadly he found me and we began having a friendly conversation.

"So Dylan how's lacrosse? I heard you were good at it."

"Well if you must know it's great and I think I am too"

"Smooth one there O'Brien" I said laughing

"What about you, isn't there some sort of club you are in"

"Not really, the play auditions are not until October, so I have some time."

"Really I never expected you to be the showgirl kind of type. Were you in the musical last year?"

"Yeah I was Sandy from Grease"

"That's right I forgot. You were wearing a blond wig the whole time and the big skirt hid your signature curves"

I was probably blushing right now so I just turned to the microwave to take the popcorn out.

Dylan and I talked for a while before we went back to the couch. I hate to admit it but he was a pretty cool guy. I don't really think I ever really thought of him as just a regular guy, who has normal conversations. I was secretly hoping he would make some sort of move, but a part of me just liked us being fr-associates. It was nice. I don't think I hate him anymore.

If that was your mission Dylan. Then mission accomplished. He left around 6 before my mom came home from work. I made sure she would not be home. I really didn't need an interrogation about my "boyfriend".

"I hate to admit it, but this was fun" I said

"Yeah we should do this again sometime." He said cool, calm and collected like always.

We said our goodbyes before he left and took off in his jeep.

Lindsey came right as Dylan was leaving. Oh no. She is going to tease the crap out of me.

When Lindsey came into my house looking like a fan girl I knew, she knew Dylan was here. Knowing Lindsey since middle school, she was going to assume the worst and immediately think Dylan and I are in a secret relationship of some sort.

"Oh my god that was Dylan's car. What was he doing here? Are you two secretly dating and not telling me? Did you guys make out? Is he a good ki-"

"Lindsey" I yelled and cut her off." Nothing happened. We watched Pretty Little Liars and talked. That's it."

"Are you sure because.."

"Lindsey, I am not even letting you finish that sentence because you know I would tell you if something did happen"

"Okay fine. I just have one question for you."

"Is it related to Dylan and I romantically?" Lindsey shook her head. "Okay ask away"

"Is Dylan going to replace me as your best friend" Lindsey said in a mock sad voice.

"No, you dingus. Come on my mom is going to get home any minute so unless you want to stay for dinner, you should go."

"Yeah I have a lot of math home work anyways" Lindsey said knowing that my mom would convince her to stay and she would probably end up staying the night.

After she left. My mom came home. We had dinner and watched our regular shows like How To Get Away With Murder and Greys Anatomy.

"So Cindy you never really tell me about the boys in your school. What about that boy Jake? You guys would be cute together." My mom said after we finished our Thursday night lighnup.

I almost spit my ice tea out."Jake, my best guy friend who happens to like guys"

"Well, how was I supposed to know that"

"If it makes you feel any better, this guy started talking to me and we watched a show together."

I thought my mom would burst of excitement right on my favourite couch.

"What? Who is?"

"Dylan O'Brien"

"Him, man he's a stud"

"Mom you're not aloud to say that" I said so happy no one could hear her right now.