Chapter 19

It was now two months after my fight with Dylan. We still saw each other around school and in English class. We now had moved on to small talk.

Lindsey had set me up with a really nice guy named Seth, he had light brown hair and blue eyes. He was stunning. Coincidentally he was also on the lacrosse team with Dylan. How could I have not seen him before? We had been dating for two weeks and I was happy. A part of me still compared him to Dylan. Wishing that it was him instead, but I pushed away my feelings. I had to only think about Seth and how sweet he was.

I was at my locker. Seth had his arm around me, my head was leaning on his shoulder. We were talking about how much we loved the titanic. Seth said he even cried when Jack dies.

I watched the movie for the first time with Dylan. I was naive to think that the movie would have a happy ending and Dylan being the little shit that he was, told me that they end up together. When Jack died I balled my eyes out and Dylan held me and made us hot chocolate.

"I'm breaking up with y-you. How could you do this to m-me?" I said crying. Leonardo DiCaprio was my second boyfriend, even if he didn't know that.

"I'm sorry babe. But now I can comfort you and give you lots of hugs and kisses."

"Still." I pouted,"I now look like a tomato."

"Don't worry, you are beautiful." He stood me up to do the flying pose from the movie. I turned back and kissed him.

"Cindy, you there." Seth asked, as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry I was just thinking about when I watched the movie."

Seth nodded. I checked my phone and noticed my English class was starting in two minutes.

"Bye Seth." You exclaimed giving him a quick kiss. Seth's blushed a little as he waved at you as you were walking away. Dylan walked passed you, clearly pissed off. For some reason you chose to stop him.

"Dylan what's wrong." I asked pulled him towards me.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He said running his hands through his hair.

"That's where your wrong. You might pretend that we didn't date, but I know you and when your mad you run your hands through your hair."

"What?" Dylan looked confused. "You think I pretend that the best three months of my life were never there."

This took me back a second and I stared at him for a few seconds. "Dylan I-I don't know what to say." You wanted to change the subject fast because you were becoming flustered. "Seriously what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that Seth is a total asshole who is just using you to get in your pants. He was bragging about you to the guys in the locker room, saying you did all this stuff."

"That's not true Seth would never and we've never even done anything."

"Thank god you didn't or I would have beaten him." Dylan said, clenching his jaw.

"Okay, I figured out what this is about. You are jealous." You said pointing at him.

"I'm not Cindy. It's true he is a total fuckboy and player."

"Just like you right? Grow up Dylan, you had your chance with me and you blew it for no reason and put us both in misery."

Dylan was speechless. So I kept going. "It was your decision. Your actions that are making me date him, so if your upset then that's too bad, because I spent a month in tears. Maybe now it's your turn.

I was crying now. I went to guidance counsellor and asked if I could sleep on one of there couches and be excused from class. Mrs. Till said yes as I was already crying pretty hard. She phoned my teacher while I curled up on the uncomfortable fake leather couch.

It was ten minutes after school when I woke up. I checked my reflection in the mirror in the bathroom, I looked terrible. My mascara was all over my face and my face was red and puffy. 

I went to my locker, avoiding eye contact with anyone still in the halls. I was surprised to see Seth there waiting for me.

"Cindy where did you go?" Seth asked.

"Wasn't feeling well." Could I trust Seth? He hasn't done anything bad to me, I should be able to trust him. Wait why am I even thinking about what Dylan said. He is just jealous, that's all.

"Do you want to get out of here?"

"Yes I would love too." I replied.

When we got to my house I immediately started kissing Seth.

"Cindy since when have you been like this."

"Shut up Seth." Were you doing this just to spite Dylan to do the opposite of what he told you. As you were kissing Seth you were thinking of Dylan? This is bad.  I still kept kissing Seth.

The next day you felt great. You had a loving and caring boyfriend who you felt safe with and could depend on.

Seth was at his locker laughing with some of his friends. They gave you a weird look. "Hi Seth!" You said trying to lean in to him.

"Calm down Cindy one night with me now you're obsessed. Hold you horses."

"Hold your horses? What the fuck Seth?"

"We're over Cindy. I got what I wanted and now we're done."

This was awful. How could Seth do this to me? And in front of all his friends. What kind of guy is he. Fucking Dylan was right. Now he's going to rub it in my face.

I had tears in my eyes as I walked into the girls bathroom. The first girl you saw who was applying lipstick gave you a funny look. Had Seth told everyone? You went into one of the stalls to calm down and went out when no one was in there.

Still crying I bumped into Minho, I hadn't talked to him a long time. Sure you guys said hello once in a while, but he was with Dylan most of the time, so it was awkward.

"Sorry Minho." You said fake laughing," how are you?"

"I'm fine, but no offence you look like shit."

"And I feel like it too, what are the odds?"

"Did Dylan do this to you? I know you guys have been fighting lately."  Minho said with concern. This was one of the things you missed about dating Dylan, his friends.

"Actually no, I'm sure you will hear about it though as everyone else has. My asshole ex boyfriend Seth, is spreading a rumour about me"

"I'm going to kill that guy." Minho exclaimed, looking around for him. I grabbed him and told him, "He is not worth it. I've got to get to class, see you later."

When you walked by the cafeteria something was happening, Dylan and Seth were arguing. It didn't concern me, till Dylan swung at Seth very hard. 'Go Dylan' I thought.