Chapter 15

It was the always exciting spirit week at my school. Every day was a new theme. On Monday it was pyjama day, on Tuesday it was twin day, on Wednesday it was formal day on Thursday it was sports day and on Friday it is Halloween so we are supposed to wear costumes. I doubt half the girls real costumes would even make it on to school property without being sent home.

Dylan and I planned our outfits for the week like the dorks we were. On Monday we were both wearing onzies. I was wearing a super girl one and he was wearing a batman one. On Tuesday Dylan and I are wearing blue skinny jeans and matching hoodies. Dylan knows how much I enjoy wearing headbands, so he offered to wear one too. On Wednesday we are dressing up very fancy. Dylan is wearing a tux and I am wearing a dress I wore to homecoming last year. On Thursday I am wearing Dylan's lacrosse jersey while he is wearing some hockey one. Halloween was still a mystery. We were planning on going costume shopping on Wednesday as it was the only day that Dylan or I did not have anything after school. We both were very busy. I had practices for Matilda and Dylan had lacrosse practices. We would often hang out later at night. He would mostly sleep over when my mom was at a night shift.

It was Sunday night and I was on the phone with Dylan, finalizing any plans we had for this week. "Are you wearing an outfit underneath your onzie?" He asked.

"No, probably not. Onzies are like the warmest things ever. Are you?"

"I guess not, anyways what about our costumes?"

"I don't know, we have two options. Go as something obnoxious or as something hot and sexy." I stated. I kind of wanted to do a mixture of both but it honestly did not matter to me. No one would remember anyways. Everyone would be drunk anyways. Dylan was thinking as he took his time before answering.

"Well we both know that we are like the opposite of sexy even though we are babes. I think we should go as something funny." He said.

I chuckled. "I think your right. Could you imagine us walking in all sexy and hot but then me or you falling or tripping. I think we should decide at the store because they might have some fun stuff that we didn't even think of."

"Yeah." It was silent. A content silence. "I think we should go to sleep now." Dylan yawned. "Good night beautiful."

"How do you know I look beautiful I could look like Chewbacca and you would never know."

"I just know."

"Night Dyl."

"Night."

We both hung up at the same time. I felt good. A warmness spread across my body in a way that was new and surprising. Somehow I felt loved even though we hadn't dared to utter those three words to each other.

* * *

Dylan picked me up in his blue jeep as always and as soon and I got into the car I busted out laughing. Dylan was so cute wearing his Batman onzie. I was sure I looked as adorable as him as I was wearing my Superman onzie. He picked me up earlier for school so we could take pictures together. Lindsey, Thomas and a few other friends joined in on our super hero themed onzies. Even though some of Dylan's bros thought they were to cool to wear them we convinced them that honestly no one gives a shit. It's to late into high school for people to look at you differently.

We of course took many pictures and had many people tell us we were squad goals. School sadly went on as usual, but there were just a lot more people in pyjamas. This lunch Lindsey, Sarah and I decided to go to Taco Bell because I felt like I hadn't been spending a lot of time with them. It was really funny to see the workers reaction when we showed up in our ridiculous onzies.

"So...how is your relationship with Dylan going? We have barely gotten time to talk. With your play rehearsals and hanging out with Dylan it seems like you have vanished." Lindsey said. I could tell that she missed me and that I needed to spend more time with her.

"It's great, really. He makes me happy." I gushed. "What about you and Thomas?"

"Me and Thomas?"

"It's actually Thomas and I." Sarah piped up.

"Doesn't matter." Lindsey said with a hint of annoyance. Currently we were waiting for our food to be made. "We are just friends, you know that. Our main conversation topic is you and Dylan." She pointed to me.

"Oh come on. Don't think we didn't notice you and Thomas going as Spider-Man and Spider-women." Sarah teased. It always took awhile for her to get comfortable in conversations, no matter how close we were.

The rest of lunch we gossiped as usual and enjoyed our tacos. 

Sorry it's so short. I will be uploading soon thought. <3