Chapter 11

Dylan sat down beside me as usual in English. He gave me a small smirk and looked at the board. I knew I wasn't going to fully ignore him, but I didn't want to be his friend. Mrs. Middleton had not shown up to class yet. So far she was three minutes late. I was focused on my Instagram feed when I felt a poke on my shoulder. "Cindy" Dylan said after each poke. He was trying to annoy me and get me to yell at him or look at him. I didn't want to give in so I tried my best to keep scrolling through my Instagram. After a minute of this method Dylan tried something else. He put his hand on my leg, then my thigh and he kept going higher and higher. My face was on fire. Before he could get too high, I swatted his hand away. Of course Dylan just put his hand on my leg. This time every time his hand moved higher he whispers in my ear "Are you nervous?" I admit I was nervous when he did it and he could sense it.

"Dylan stop" I whispered harshly. Dylan knew he had won. I looked him in the he and talked to him. I think he could tell I was kind of over it.

He just smirked and said, "I will be over at 4:00!" Before I had the chance to respond, Mrs. Middleton came into the room.

"Sorry I'm late kids, the line for coffee in the staff room was so long that I lost track of time"

Mrs. Middleton announced that we were doing a research project with the person of your choice. I tried looking for Jake only to see he wasn't here today. I figured I had a good chance of not being with Dylan because Minho was in this class. Maybe I can turn this around. Dylan was still sitting at our table most likely waiting for me not to have a partner. Since Mrs. Middleton let everyone except for Dylan and Minho sit where ever they wanted, everyone partnered up with the person beside them. I was going to approach Minho when I heard Dylan say, "I'm with Cindy"

My jaw was wide open and I was pissed, he didn't have the right to do that. I stormed up to Dylan and Mrs. Middleton, "I didn't agree to be Dylan's partner", I said.

"You know I usually don't allow this but I think it would be good for you and Dylan to work together, after all you guys might be sitting together for the year" Our English teacher said ecstatically.

"But I was going to ask Minho" I mumbled in annoyance. Dylan just smirked at me. If he didn't have just kissable lips I would smack the smirk off of him. Dylan did seem to dress a little nicer. Instead of his usual v necks he wore a nice button down and jeans.

"Im cool with whoever, but Cindy wouldn't be to bad, especially in that outfit." Minho said.

"Minho that is unexceptional. You don't deserve to be partnered up with someone as intelligent as Cindy" Mrs. Middleton responded, "Cindy you are with Dylan"

The project was supposed to let us get to know each other better. You and your parter had to ask each other questions and do a project about them. I guess I could find out more about Dylan. To be honest I don't even know that much about Dylan. I know some crazy stories about him and his friends, his sweet spot on his neck and that he likes lacrosse.

***************************************

Dylan kept his promise, at 4:00 he was at my house.

"Cindy are you home? I know you are because I just heard the pretty liars theme song." Dylan said as he knocked on the door.

"That's not a polite way to ask if you can come in Dylan" I teased.

"Oh the great and mighty Cindy. May I please come into your lovely house?" He said in an over dramatic voice. Times like this is when I really liked Dylan. He isn't afraid to be a little silly. I opened the door to the cute kid I have come to like.

He brought his backpack and schools supplies with him. His hair was now styled a little neater. Did he want to make an impression on me? I did notice he switched out his school clothes for a hoodie and sweats .

If Dylan thought we were going to be working on a project that was due in a month he was wrong.

"So do you want to get started?" He asks as he plopped down on my couch.

"Dylan the project is due in a month, why don't we work on in next week?" I huffed. When I sat down beside Dylan he automatically put his arm around me. Enjoying the comforting feeling, I rested my head against his head, "how about we just relax and have fun tonight? It will be the celebration of Dylan's not the big asshole I thought!" I murmured, into his chest.

"Hey, I'm not even that big of an asshole" Dylan said sarcastically. We were still cuddled up on the couch. "Do you want to take a nap, you seem sleepy"

"Yes Dil." He positioned us so that we were spooning on my couch. My eyes were closed but I knew that when I said Dil his face probably had a look of disgust on it.

When I woke up Dylan was still spooning me on the couch and he was still fast asleep. The only change was that there was a blanket covering us. When I checked my phone I noticed that the time was 7:00. We slept for three hours. My mom was home, I mean who else would put the blanket on us. I shook Dylan awake. "Dylan, Dylan, wake up" I said.

He woke up after a few shakes and looked at me still half asleep. "I'm up, what time is it, did we do the project?" He muttered. His voice was still a little raspy from the sudden awakening.

"It's like 7:05 and no we have done no work" I said, sitting next to him on the couch,"do you want to stay the night"

"Yeah of course" Dylan replied like it was a common thing. "I have to do my home work thought so do you want to go to your room"

"Yeah let's go"

Dylan and I just worked on homework and took dinner to my room. It was your basic friendship. We did not kiss nor flirt. It was weird. I enjoyed his company and him staying the night was a bonus. Having someone to cuddle with, even if it's not romantic was great. I told Dylan the next time he was to sleep over he should bring some pjs. He was currently sleeping beside me wearing his hoodie and sweats, so I guess it was not that bad. He wrapped an arm around me before I could hear his light snores.