Chapter 14

Tonight was my official first date with Dylan. I do not remember being this excited in my life. All I knew about this date was that we were going to a restaurant. I decided to dress mostly  formal just in case we go somewhere nice.

He picked me up in his blue jeep and we started our journey to the surprise destination. I was nearly bursting at the seems I was so excited. Dylan was dressed in a cute button up shirt and dress pants. I could tell we were going somewhere a little fancier so I thanked myself that I wore a pretty pink high low dress. My hair was left in its natural waves and my makeup was pretty natural. Thank god Dylan was dressed up. How embarrassing would it have been if we had went to a basketball game or something and I was wearing a dress.

"Cindy did I tell you that you look beautiful?" Dylan had asked as he was driving.

"No, but thank you!" I exclaimed. In the mirror I was checking my like pink lipgloss. "You look super cute. I love the grey."

Dylan gave me a look. "What are you my mom. I'm not cute I'm very hot and a player...well not anymore because I have you but you kno-"

I cut Dylan off. "Yes, yes I know your a big bad hottie who makes girls drop their panties I get it."

"There we go"

We pulled up to a nice Italian restaurant that I had only been to once before for my aunts fiftieth birthday. I don't remember much about it other then I had some amazing breadsticks. Dylan and I made small talk in the car. It was not awkward like I had expected as me and Dylan were very comfortable with each other. We were listening a new pop song with dub step incorporated into the verses.
Dylan and I sat down in a booth and got menus. I immediately asked for the free breadsticks because breadsticks. We both ordered iced teas and asked the waiter if we could have more time to look at the menu. Our waiter was nice. She was blond, maybe in her mid thirties. You could tell she was not the happiest camper wearing her cheesy Francesco's apron.

"I think I might get chicken fingers and a Caesar salad." I stated proudly. Dylan gave me an amused look.

"Very well. I thought you would order something a little more fancier, but whatever floats your boat."

"You know me dill I am like the pickiest eater. "

"That is very true. I guess we could have gone to Denny's and you would be happier." Dylan and I looked at each other in amazement. We paid for the drinks and practically ran to Dylan's blue jeep. Buckling our seat belts, we headed off to the nearest Denny's. I knew that we were way more cut out for Denny's and would enjoy getting mozzarella sticks and cheeseburgers then a fancy ass pasta dinner.

When Dylan and I first entered the restaurant we got some weird looks. Most people here were dressed in regular clothes and we were dressed pretty fancy. The atmosphere here was much more relax. Him and I could act like the complete goofballs we were without getting judged...well for the most part.

"I will have a chocolate milkshake and the sampler of mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and onion rings." I said politely.

"And can I get a strawberry milkshake and a bacon cheese burger with fries?" Dylan asked.

"No problem!" Our waiter said. She was a lot more enthusiastic then the last waiter we had.

"So...what's the musical for this year?" Dylan asked me while we were waiting for our food.

"Matilda." Dylan looked at me in amazement. I smiled at his reaction. Obviously he had not seen the millions of posters that were out up in early September for auditions.

"There is a Matilda musical? I loved that movie. Please tell me you are Matilda babe." I blushed when he said babe.

"You guessed it. But don't tell anyone because Mr. Garrison told me in advance and not to tell anyone."

"Cross my heart and hope to die." I giggled.

After that conversation we finally got our food. The rest of the night had gone pretty smoothly. We had joked and pigged out, so the usual. It was a great night. Dylan of course gave me a stellar good night kiss in his car that I had to break so it would not have gone further. I truly liked Dylan. Even if we had only been on one date and even if I had only known him for a couple of months.