Chapter 5

I honestly feel like things will most defiantly be awkward for Dylan and I. If he didn't talk to me at lunch, I would only have to see him during English. In my mind I will always be thinking 'you saw me in my unicorn pyjamas'
Maybe I was more astounded that I enjoyed hanging out with him.

I was at my locker getting my science textbook, when I felt something or someone poke me in the back. I whipped my head around, trying to see who committed this poke. Sure enough I see Dylan a few feet away smirking at me. He quickly went back to talking to Minho but I saw his smirk before it was to late. This is war.

A couple minutes later Dylan was drinking from the water fountain alone. Perfect chance I thought. I quickly gave him a playful pat on the bum and tried to keep walking with a straight face.

Dylan was looking around trying to see who touched his butt. I tried to look back without him catching my eyes. I knew that if he saw me, he would know automatically who did it. Bravely I turned my head fast only to lock eye with him. Great I thought sarcastically. He started to chuckle and gave me a wink.
How the hell did he know it was me? Oh yeah because I'm terrible at anything that has to do with pranking.

He caught up to me.

"Wow Cindy I know you think I'm hot but my butt too. I'm flattered"

"What are you ever talking about Dylan?" I said sweetly and with fake innocence.

"You touched my butt when I was at the water fountain"

"Well why did you poke me?"

"Flirting..... Duh"

"You would think that the ladies man of the school would have better flirting skills then a five year old"

"Okay, I also wanted to see if we were friends"

"You want to be friends with me, sorry tryouts are next Tuesday" I said giving my best bitch face. It probably looked like I was constipated.

"So your saying you want to hang out on Tuesday?"

"What? No I just wa-you know what never mind I can never win with you, can I?"

"Nope" he said with a cheeky smile.

I noticed we were at my science class.

"Bye Dylan, I have to go to class. By the way which class do you have now?"

"Gym"

"Isn't the gym on the other side of the school? Why would you would walk you to science then?"

"Well then I better run" he said like it was no problem." Bye Cind"

Deciding to be weird like usual I yelled "Run Dylan run"
People gave me weird looks but Dylan put his arm up like in the end of the Breakfast Club.

"So are you dating Dylan now?" This random girl with red hair asked me.

I have never been so confused in my life. "Where would you get the idea we are dating? We are not even friends"

She snorted. "Well you guys were flirting real hard"

As she walked away and sat down I started to wonder 'does Dylan think I'm flirting with him? Wait am I flirting with him? No.. I don't think so.

Lunch time came around and as I went to my usual spot with the girls a very attractive boy stopped me.

No, it wasn't Dylan it was a very cute boy with dark brown hair.

"Hey, Cindy right" he said a nervously.

"Yeah it's Craig right"

"Yeah. I was just wondering if yo-"

He was cut off by Dylan. "Don't talk to my girl. Do you hear me?" I have never heard Dylan so upset.

"Y-yes" Craig said before practically running away.

"What the hell Dylan, why would you do that? I'm not your girl" I said to Dylan infuriated. He had no right to do that. Craig seemed like a sweet kid.

"Listen Cindy, I know Craig he's not the type of guy who you want to hang out with. He will only end up breaking your heart. You deserve better"

"Who? You?" I was just so confused as to why he would do this. "Do you think that your so much better then everyone? This is why I hated you in the first place. I thought maybe we could be friends but after this I'm not sure. Craig seems like a nice kid but you let your jealous self get in the way. If you excuse me I am going to ask Craig out to a movie"

I walked away and found Craig. "Hey Craig want to go see a movie on Saturday"

"Sure! I was going to ask you the same thing before we got interrupted" Craig said.

We exchanged cell phone numbers and I told him where to pick me up. To be honest with you I don't know if I was actually interest in Craig or if I wanted to get a rise out of Dylan.

After the Craig fiasco, I went to sit down with Lindsey and the girls to tell them my story.

**********************

I sat down in my usual seat in English and prayed that Mrs. Middleton wouldn't remember the seating arrangement that she made up last class. Jake came to sit beside me. Mrs. Middleton gave him the look of death. Jake took the hint and sat down beside Minho. Great, I sarcastically thought in my head.

Sure enough Dylan sat beside me, with a not very happy look on his face. I did feel kind of bad for what happened at lunch but he did kind of deserve it. Why would he think he had the power to tell Craig to back away because I'm 'his girl'.

"I'm really sorry Cindy. I shouldn't have done that, I just thought I was protecting you. If you want I can help you get ready for your date with Craig"Dylan said quietly, while Mrs. Middleton wrote the notes on the board.

I felt so bad now. Dylan didn't deserve for me to yell at him. "I'm sorry too, you can come over and teach me about the art of boys on Saturday"

"Sure, are you going to Mikes party on Friday?"

"Probably, why?" I said.

"I'm going to be there too, so don't get too wasted and confess your feelings for me" Dylan said in a teasing manner but I could feel myself blushing. The sweet Dylan is gone, now I didn't feel so bad about yelling at him.

"Well I will see you there Dilly" his face scrunched up when I said his new nickname.