Chapter 12

Dylan and I were sitting on my bed passionately making out. I pulled away from him to breath and instead of him kissing my neck like usual he said, "Cindy, will you go out with me on a date, like a real date and be my girlfriend"

"Of course" I said, overjoyed. I have waited for this moment for so long. After this encounter we continued making out on my bed. It got very very heated. I will not say what happened next but you can use your imagination.

I woke up next to Dylan. The sound of my alarm clock was blaring as usual. I somehow got out of his hold on me and decided to take a shower. While in the shower I started having some thoughts. I just had a dream about Dylan. It wasn't a nice dream about him, it was a full dirty dream. It wasn't too bad because we had made out before, but he ask me out and the worst part was I said yes.

I hopped out of the shower and put my bathrobe on. When I went into my room I noticed Dylan was still fast asleep so I quickly changed into a plaid flannel and blue skinny jeans. I braided my long brown hair into a fishtail before deciding to wake Dylan up. He did look pretty adorable right now. His hair was disheveled and he was now cuddled up with my pillow, replacing me. I decided to take a few pics, thinking that it was kind of creepy, but good blackmail.

"Dylan wake up, the house is on fire" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Dylan shot up out of bed and looked shocked to see me laying on the floor doubled over with laughter.

"What the hell was that Cindy" Dylan said, not very amused.

"I couldn't wake you up, I was even naked in this room and you were in such a deep sleep that you didn't even notice"

"Is that so" he said, I knew he was up to something, I just couldn't tell what.

"I wish I could have slept, but someone kept saying 'Dylan, Dylan" in their sleep for like a whole hour." As soon as he said this my whole face turned a deep shade of red. I have never talked in my sleep before so how had this happened."would you care to explain what that was about"

I shook my head to tell him no. "I think someone had a not very innocent dream about me, right Cindy" Dylan said, I could tell how amused he was. I just shook my head yes, to embarrassed to even say anything. "This is gold"

"It was just-just umm, we haven't like umm made out in a while and umm yeah" I said. If there was a meter for how embarrassed I would be, I would be at the top.

"Do you want to make out with me?" Dylan questioned.

"Umm yeah" I said before swallowing.

Holy crap we were totes having a moment. This friendship is so twisted, I can't even explain it. We sometimes were the best of friends and sometimes the best of lovers and it was confusing the shit out of me.

Dylan leaned in and ever so slightly whispered in my ear "can I tell you something" I nodded, "I like your batman underwear"

As soon as I heard this I pushed him away from me. "Dylan, you looked?" I exclaimed. The moment was totally gone.

"Well it wasn't exactly my fault you make so much noise getting ready, I promise you I shut my eyes after" he said in a dorky way, almost like he wasn't known for being a player.

"Okay" I didn't really care too much. So I just pulled him closer and said, "kiss me"

Ten minutes later and I almost fainted from looking at the clock. We had 5 minutes before first classes. Dylan was still wearing his sweats and his schoolwork was still scattered across my bedroom. "Dylan we need to go to school NOW"

We quickly got all our stuff together and I did Dylan's hair even though he told me not to touch it. Thank god I was dressed and ready, even though my fishtail got a little distorted from making out. We got into his car and we speeded to school. I was only 4 minutes late, but knowing Mr. George he would give me a detention slip. I walked into the classroom and everyone looked at me like I murdered someone. "Cindy would you like to explain to everyone why you were late" Mr. Geo asked.

"I was um car troubles" I blurted out.

"I thought you walked to school. Didn't just yesterday we have a conversation about that" He said, not believing one word I said. I guess I was finally going to have to tell everyone Dylan took me.

"My friend Dylan's jeep was having some troubles"

"Why would he take you if you live a minute away" Mr. Geo questioned, still not letting up. I was giving him the look of come on man let it go.

"He was just being a good friend I suppose it was kind of chilly today" I said curtly. I really hope my fishtail was covering the side of my neck that Dylan might have left a mark on.

"Very well, open your textbooks to page 227" he said. I let out I breath I didn't even know I was holding in. My good friend Mary who didn't hang out with my girls had a seat open beside her.

"Wow did you burn you neck with a hair straightener or what" Mary said, giving me a sly smirk. "I'm guessing it wasn't car troubles that made you late"

"No ma'am" I said, "Dylan stayed the night and we slept in"

Mary's eye widen. "Get your mind out of the gutter we just cuddled"

She scoffed and said "okay"

* * *

Halfway through home economics, my name was called over the intercom telling me to go to the principles office. Everyone in the class just went ooooo like we did in middle school. I took all my stuff and headed there. When I got into the office there was two police officers talking with my principal.

"Cindy your mom has been in a car crash" one of them said.

"What, why she was supposed to be at the hospital" I exclaimed and did not believe a word the police officers said. I dropped to my knees and started crying.

"She was on a lunch break when it happened, is there anyone who can take you to the hospital or comfort you"

"D-Dylan O'Brien" I managed to get out. How did this day come from being so happy to so terrible. I didn't even know how bad the damage was on my mom, but I just assumed it was the worst. "How bad was the damaged"

"I can't say, we were not notified." The second police officer said, I could see the pity in his eyes that he was giving me.

I heard the same secretary who called me down to the office also call down Dylan. "Dylan O'Brien please come to the office" she said in a bored tone.

A minute later I felt two strong arms wrap around me. I placed my head in Dylan's chest and just sobbed. Dylan was stroking my head while saying, "shh, let it out, it's okay Cindy"

I'm sure he did not even have a clue what had happened, but he was still a good enough guy to comfort me. "What happened?" Dylan asked me, once I finally calmed down a little, tears were still streaming down my face.

"My-my mom was in a car crash, can you take me to the hospital," I said still embracing him,"please Dil"

He just nodded and we headed to his jeep. The drive was silent, although it anything then awkward. Dylan parked his car and opened my door for me. "Are you ready for this" he asked quietly.

"Yes" I said, having a little hope in me that my mom was fine.