Chapter 9: Thanks for the Memories

Ryders P.O.V

We arrived at the party a few hours. We grabbed some food on the way. Walking in, I see Chris in the corner with some blonde girl all over him.

I knew it was just because he has money, which you could clearly tell from the 3 story house we were standing in right now. It even has one of those damn crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. It doesn't help that our class already knows him for his Jaguar. I can't complain about his ride though, I know how important that is to a guy...

He's always throwing these parties at the end of summer, everyone knows that he throws the most epic ones.

"Yo, I'm going to grab a beer, maybe even some shots. You want some?" Derek asked me, which I knew in his terms meant 'wanna get shit-faced drunk now or later'.

"Nah, I'm good for now. I will grab me something later." He shrugs and walks off, leaving me standing with Erick, who is scoping out the girls. If anyone needed a wingman to keep him from making bad choices, it was Erick. Last time he ended up banging some crazy chick, who he swore up-and-down she was just 'wild'. It took him forever to get rid of her.

"Damn bro, these girls are F I N E. I think I see a desperate one over there." I look to where he is pointing and spot a redhead giving him these eyes that say 'I'm easy'. He pats me on the back.

"Wish me luck!" He gives me an overconfident look before walking off. I shake my head at the cocky little fucker. Damn, not even 4 minutes in and my boys have already taken off without me. It's whatever though, it usually happens every time so I'm okay with it at this point.

I made my way to the kitchen as I decided to just grab a beer. I wasn't planning on getting wasted, to be honest. I wagered I'd be the one driving back tonight, which was cool with me. Although, I hate to miss out on a good distraction from Alison.

After grabbing my beer and opening it; I take a swig and walk into the living room. There are a bunch of people dancing in the middle of the room, pretty much getting freaky right there on the floor. Seems like a lot of students wanted to try and enjoy their last few weekends before school starts.

I can't help but roll my eyes at some of these guys. They act like they will never party again, which we know that isn't true since we all know Chris. I'm not complaining. Shit, party it up because honestly these are our younger years and there is no time like the present to party, but I am not looking for a piece of ass like my other friends, just looking for a good, chill.

I probably sound boring as hell right now and I should probably just get smashed and find some fucking girl to take upstairs, but I just don't feel like doing that shit right now. As I'm walking to another room, I run into Andrew, Captain of the football team.

"Yo, what's up Ryder? Having a good time?" Usually, I don't talk to jock's but Andrew is actually a chill dude. Not like his friend Zack, who is standing behind him giving me a dirty look. He's a fucking prick. "Yeah. I'm having a good time. Just got here."

"We got here a bit ago as well. Where are the two idiots at?" He laughs a little and I laugh also because my two friends really are idiots.

"Well, Derek's off getting smashed somewhere and as for Erick... I have no idea. Last I saw, he was with some ginger chick." He laughs, slightly shaking his head as Zack taps on his shoulder.

"Sorry to cut this short Ryder, but I am trying to find my little sister. If you see a girl with Emma that's in a black dress- tell her I am looking for her will ya?" I nod my head. I don't know why it didn't click to me till just now that Andrew's dad died in a car accident. I should have put two and two together that he was her brother. Man, I'm a little dense sometimes.