Chapter 17 I'd Rather Not & Time to be selfless

Aria P.O.V

                     The day's I didn't have Gym seemed like good days and the day's I did were a total disaster. I did everything I could to stay out of Alison and Cindy's way as much as I could but it didn't always work because some way or another they found a reason to target me. Today I had Gym and today I knew they were mad because I caught Zack staring at me and so did Cindy. I noticed that Abby was hanging out with them more and more.

                  She started to look just like the other little clones one by one. There wasn't anything I could do, and I didn't care anymore. The only thing that ticked me off is that she even started to shove me here and there when we passed each other. Em was so pissed and I had to hold her back the very first time that she pushed me.

               just like any other day I got to the Gym and went to change my clothes. Although I noticed that the lock on my locker door was completely gone and my Gym clothes inside were all ripped apart. It didn't take a genius to figure out who it was because they were standing by their lockers giggling as they watched me pull them out of my locker. Em walked up and when she saw it, she walked over to Alison and shoved her against the wall.

             "I told you to leave her the hell alone" Alison pushed herself off of the wall and they all got in her face. "What the fuck do you think you are doing?" I stepped between them as fast as I could. "Come on Em, she isn't worth it okay" I grabbed her shoulders and started pulling her back. "I swear to god if she keeps messing with you like this I will flip" Em, sighed reaching into her locker and pulled out her back up Gym clothes.

             "Thank you and I get it but we can't stoop down to her level okay? We are better than that" I didn't wait for her to say anything I just steered her to the bathroom so we could change and get out of their sight. I know Em, doesn't mean to, but she will make it worse if she doesn't stop and we know that I will be the one to pay that price. I love her and I appreciate her standing up for me but it will not work. Em, has a temper and I don't know how I will protect her. All I know is that I have to try because I can't let her get hurt because of me.

               Gym ended the way it always did, but I just kept telling myself that they can't keep this up forever. Right? Either way, I just had to keep my head up. One of the plus things of this last week was Zack didn't ride with us. Cindy made sure of that. She said that she just didn't understand because he had his own car or he could have just ridden with her. He also didn't come around the house that much. She really had him wrapped around her finger and honestly, I was happy that I didn't have to see him that much anymore. 

              The only person who suffered was my brother. He didn't act as if it affected him but I know I would hate it if Em stopped coming around so abruptly. Today though the person who was sitting in my brother's truck, really threw me. It was Chris sitting in the front seat looking like the arrogant guy that he was. "Well, if it isn't the beautiful Aria, You know we haven't spoken since my party" Yeah, and it wasn't for the lack of trying. 

               "Well here I am now" Didn't want to be but I guess I just have to deal with it. "Now that I have you here we should go out sometime because you know I will make it a night you will never forget" What the hell am I supposed to say to that? I'd rather not. "Honestly, I don't think I have time to go on a date. You should ask someone else out" PANIC MODE! Please take the bait, please. He didn't have time to answer because Em jumped in the truck almost landing on my lap.