Chapter 20: Nothing more

Alright, everyone, I have never done this before but I wanted to dedicate this chapter to lottestarburst!  I know we just became friends but you have been so supported! I can't thank you enough for all the awesome advice you have given me and dealing with my craziness! 

                                                             Ryder's P.O.V

        I didn't know what to think about what Aria told me. The fact that she blamed herself for her father's death stumped me. It was completely irrational and I don't understand where or why she got that idea. Sure she was behind the wheel that night, but it's not her fault that guy shouldn't have been driving. Even the reports that I read stated as much.

        Seeing her face... all the pain that she was in, there was nothing I could do. It really sucked that she felt she had no one to talk to, but I get it. Having people walk on eggshells around you, waiting for you to break isn't a great feeling. Not wanting to bother anyone with it or the people it affected. Causing them more pain by bringing it up.

         I see it on her face every time I look at her in school, I just never knew why. She's holding on to so much pain by herself with no outlet. I know I am not the most supportive person, but I meant it when I told her she could come to me whenever she needed someone.

        She really surprised me when she picked up the guitar and started singing. She had a beautiful voice and the song that she picked I had never heard it before but it was nice. What surprised me more is that she didn't really argue and just put herself out there. I would like to think it's because she's starting to trust me. When she let go she was so carefree and happy... I liked it. What am I thinking?

        Sighing, I lay down on my bed. I have to be careful... I have to not get too involved with her. I don't want to let her down like I let down... I just have to be careful and not overstep so I don't repeat the same mistakes. What am I going to do? I place my hands behind my head. After laying here for what felt like hours, an idea pops into my head. I quickly get my phone out and send Aria a text.

Ryder: Alright I know you are probably sick of me but do you want to go with me somewhere tomorrow??

Aria: I mean... maybe just a little? What did you have in mind? Also... do you mind if Emma joins?

Ryder: I can't tell you that and I don't mind just make sure you both dress comfortably ;)

Aria: See you tomorrow :P

        I guess Emma is going to join us but, to be honest, she kind of scares me but I don't mind. I do need to text Erick and see if I can borrow his car now, but I'm sure he will be cool with it. I just hope that she will like my plan, but it helped me when I was younger. It got out the anger I was feeling at the world when my mom died and it was fun to do. I sent Erick a text letting him know, but I didn't wait for his reply.

Alison: Hey, you want to come over tonight? ;) Parents are away for the weekend

Ryder: I can't come over tonight, I have plans tomorrow.

Alison: Are you really still blowing me off??? I swear! Is it for that CHICK Aria?