Chapter 4: Family time

I rolled my eyes as we all sat down in the living room. Emma told Andrew and Zack about my little embarrassing moment with Cody and Ryder. They all laughed at me and I glared at Emma.

"Oh calm down Aria it was funny!" She laughed harder thinking about it and I wanted to hit every single one of them but I didn't because I love them.

"Okay Emma, I think we get it! I ran into him..." I buried my face into my hands. This has got to be one of my most embarrassing moments and Zack is here!!!

"Awww, I'm sorry I will stop." She giggled and gave me a hug, I hugged her back because I can't help it but I am still a little mad at her for telling them and then laughing at me! I hear the door being unlocked and I look up to see my mother walking through, holding a handful of groceries. "Mind giving me a hand guys?"

We all jump up and head for the car to grab stuff. Emma and my brother make it out before everyone. When I reach into the trunk, my hands brush slightly against another and I yank my hand back blushing knowing that it was Zack's. Looking down, I grab a couple of bags and head inside without saying a word to him.

"Thanks, you guys! Now, what would y'all like for dinner?" We all looked at each other and shrugged. "How about some tacos, mom??" My brother says. Ooo- tacos do sound good. We were all in agreement. While my brother and Zack moved upstairs, Emma and I stayed down in the kitchen to help my mom put up groceries.

"Do you need help with dinner, mom?" Mom smiled at Emma's offer. "That would be wonderful, dear." I grabbed the tomatoes and diced them, along with everything else needed for toppings.

Emma helped me put the shells in the oven to heat them up while my mom grabbed the meat and started seasoning it, putting it on the stove to fry the meat. "What did you guys do today?"

"We went to the mall for school clothes today, Mrs. Nova." Emma says while stirring the meat "Oh! I bet that was fun, did you buy anything interesting?" My mom loves shopping just as much as Emma does, sometimes I wonder if we weren't switched at birth but I know better than that because I look just like my mother. Same blue eyes, same bone structure, and even the same brown hair.

"Just some regular school clothes, mom." Emma pokes me in the side and wiggles her eyebrows "Oh, not just any school clothes. Some awesome clothes that I think you would love Mrs. Nova! I got Aria to let me pick some outfits out for her!" Yeah, 'some' outfits? Try almost all of them! If I hadn't thrown a little fit at the end of the trip, this house would have been buried in clothes.

"Oh, and Aria almost got a date with this guy at the mall that works at the pet store- if only this guy, Ryder from school, hadn't interrupted. She also embarrassed herself by smacking into Ryder." Why did she have to go and tell my mom about that? I swear, she loves embarrassing me.

"Oh my gosh, really, honey? And who is this Ryder guy? Did he embarrass you? I can't believe you ran from a boy..." So many questions that I just didn't wanna answer, but I knew I was going to have to answer them anyway.

Thanks a lot, Emma, with your big mouth. "Just like Emma said; he is just some guy from school that I never actually talked to before, you know? He wanted help at the pet store but the guy that worked there was the only one on duty and was too busy flirting with me- leading up to asking me out... But because he wasn't doing his job, so Ryder voiced his opinion. He watched some of the flirting!" I bury my face in my hands at the memory, embarrassed all over again. I recomposed myself and ran my hand through my hair. "But I just wasn't interested either way. He wasn't my type, you know?"

"Type? I didn't know you had one!" Yeah! I have a type and his name is Zack, although I would never say that out loud.

"Yeah I do and he just didn't seem like it. Anyway, can we change the subject? How was work today, mom?" My mom blushed a little, and I didn't know why. "Oh, the same as usual... Just took people back for X-rays and other stuff, helping out where I can."

"Sounds like the usual kind of day..." I wonder what that blush was for. She's not getting sick, is she? I just shrug and choose to ignore it altogether. After about 30 minutes, dinner is ready and my mom calls up to the boys to come eat while Emma and I set the dinner table.

While we're making our plates, the boys trampled down the stairs as if they were racing each other. I shook my head as I made it to the table first. Boys will be boys, I thought.  Once we were all settled and digging in, my mom wipes her face and looks across the table to my brother."So, did you do some school shopping at the mall too?"

"Yes ma'am, we sure did." My brother says after a big bite, causing the overstuffed taco to spill a little on the other end. He quickly followed the meat that landed into his lap and started picking up the bits... I squinted my eyes as he immediately put the pieces in his overstuffed mouth. I glanced at Emma who was not disgusted by my brother's barbaric eating habit. How Emma found him attractive was beyond me.

"Well, what did you guys get?" My mom says, shaking her head at my brother's mess. "We went to GameStop to see if they had anything interesting but they didn't. So we just looked around and got some of the basic stuff."

Emma brought up the pet store encounter again, highlighting the fact I ran into the school's bad boy. Everyone made jokes at my expense about running into Ryder and stuff but my mood suddenly shifted. Even as every seat at the table was filled with a lively body, it still looked empty. It felt wrong...

I sat there for the rest of the dinner not saying anything and just played with my food mostly, losing my appetite. After dinner, my brother and all of us cleaned up the table and did the dishes heading upstairs and going our different ways. While my brother and Zack went to play video games. Emma and I headed to my room to pick a movie. We settled on watching the vow and about halfway through the movie I think I drifted off to sleep somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha I guess Emma just loves Embarrassing our poor Aria to no end! I guess you guys finally know Aria's last name also(: Yup it's Aria Nova! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I know it's short and everything and I am sorry for that! I know my story is kinda boring right now but thanks so much you guys for sticking it out and reading it till it gets better! You guys are my favorite! Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know what you think! How do you guys like everyone so far? Emma in this one!

Xoxo Night <3