Chapter 12: Stop reading my texts JERK!

Aria's P.O.V

      To say the next day of school was easier than yesterday is a lie, but I can't say it was any worse, right? Arriving at my locker, I see Zack standing three lockers away. I wonder to myself what he's doing here until I see the pizza chick. She sauntered over and leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

      Her eyes and lips look like she is about to stick her tongue down his throat and at that point; I feel like I'm going to hurl. I turn around instantly and run around the corner, running smack into something hard.

      "We have got to stop meeting like this, Princess. It sends me mixed signals." I was afraid to look up because even though it's only been a short time, I knew that cocky voice anywhere. 

      "Sorry! I didn't mean to, I just need to get going. Also; do not call me princess, got it?" I had to look up because he wasn't saying anything else. He had both his hands on each side of my arms from when I bumped into him, that was probably to keep me from stumbling both of us over. He had this expression on his face that looked half amused and half concerned.

      "You hurt me, P. Can't you see I just want to be your Knight in Shining Armor again?" The smile on his face made me so angry. No one other than my dad calls me Princess, and I intend to keep it that way. I move out of his arms and glare.

      "I'm serious. Fucking stop calling me that." His face fell as the mood turned sour. He shrugged with a halfhearted apologetic expression.

      "Well, you can run into my arms anytime. Just give me a warning beforehand." He said with a wink. I wanted to roll my eyes but the whole air around us felt stagnant. I grabbed my arm and looked down, cursing at myself for not being more in control. Ryder may be an ass, but there was another way of handling that before blowing up on him.

      "Look, Ryder, I'm sorry for cussing at you. It's just a very personal matter for me." I took a side step and gave him my own apologetic look. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get as far away from here as-"

      "Aria? What's going on here?" A new, yet all too familiar voice came up from behind me.

      I think I'm going to faint. Zack and I haven't spoken since the party and all I wanted to do was disappear. Suddenly, an arm wrapped over my shoulders and gave a possessive squeeze. My head snapped up to see Zack standing way too close, glaring over at Ryder. I fumbled over my words, trying to think of the fastest way out of his hold.

      "Nothing! I- I was just on my way to go find-."

      "Is this punk bothering you?"

       I didn't even turn to look at Zack because if I did, I might have burst into tears. Everything at this point was just making me so mad, nothing was going my way. It's ridiculous because I was never this type of girl to cry all the time or feel sorry for myself like this and all I want to do is go home.

      "Watch yourself, linebacker. I'd hate to be the reason you can't play football this year."

      "You got somethin' to say to me, bitch?" Zack finally let go of my shoulders and I had half a mind to stay and break those two up. I couldn't believe they were getting aggressive towards each other.

      "Oh Zack, baby~ I think I like seeing you like this." I heard a sultry voice price my ears through the gathering crowd of students. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to keep the tears in, and finally made my escape.