The Note

Chapter 13

I start walking to third period very very slow. I can't see Ethan after what just happened. I walk in and see Ethan already sitting down. I sit next to him since that is my assigned seat and he glances at me. He can't even look me in the eyes. My heart begins to shatter. Did I really lose him? Mr. Jefferson starts talking about graphing equations and function machines but I don't even listen. I just look at Ethan. He is staring straight at the teacher. I begin to look at his features. He has short brown flowy hair, brown eyes, tan skin and a sharp jawline. He is perfection. My eyes start to tear. I don't want to lose him. I need to talk to him but he won't even look at me. Then I get an idea in my head, I'm going to pass him a note. I rip off a piece of paper and write on it saying "you have to believe me. I would never lie to you E." I fold it in half and set it on the corner of his desk. He looks at me and then the note. Ethan opens the note and looks at me again, but in a way he has never looked at me before. His face has a mix of emotions of angry, sad and broken. He crumpled up the paper and puts it back on my desk. I spend the rest of the period thinking about ways to get him to believe me. I need a plan.