Distance

Chapter 28

It's been a month and a half since me and Ethan fought and he apologized and stuff but me and him have been distant since then. I've been really busy at the studio trying to make music and plan the tour I have no time for him. He has also gotten busier cause he is doing more with social media and providing more content. I still love him and he still loves me but our relationship just isn't the same as it used to be. I need to talk to him. I knock on his bedroom door not feeling comfortable just barging in. "Come in!" I open the door and see him on his phone. "Hey E." He looks up and smiles. "Hi baby" he gets up and gives me a hug and kiss. "So what's up?" He says. "I think we should talk." "Oh great." He says rolling his eyes. I ignore him and say "do you think we should break up?" He looks at me and his eyes soften. "What? Why would you say that?" "Ethan we've been very distant lately and I know you've noticed. We both have been very busy and I am very busy with this tour and following my dreams and I just feel like we don't have time for each other anymore." "So you just want to give up? I thought you loved me." "I do love you Ethan. That's why I'm doing this." "Doing what?" "I'm sorry Ethan but I'm breaking up with you, we just need a break to focus on our careers. We don't have time for each other and I don't want our relationship be distant. I want it to be like it used to be and right now our lives our too crazy for it to be that way again. I just feel like we should take a break until our lives settle down." "Don't do this Rachel. Our lives are never going to settle down. We'll always be touring and making content."  "Then I just guess we weren't meant to be Ethan. I can't do a distant relationship. I'm sorry." He just looks at me and his eyes start to tear up. I walk up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek. "I love you." I whisper in his ear and walk out the door. I just want the best for him and long distance relationships aren't good for anyone. Maybe we could have been together forever mad live a happy life but our dreams got in the way and lead to heartbreak instead.