Awkward

Chapter 37

Over the past couple of weeks I have gotten really close with Jack and Aaron. Me and Grayson were already close. Ethan and I are still on the awkward side still. We haven't warmed up to each other I guess. I am going over to there house today to watch my album be released and celebrate. I knock on the door and Aaron opens it. "Hey Hollywood! It's good to see you!" "Good to see you too." I give him a hug and walk inside. Ethan and Jack are in the kitchen. "What are you guys doing?" I ask Ethan and Jack. "We are baking some cookies." Ethan says happy. "Yummy! What kind are you making?" "Chocolate chip and M&M" Jack says. My mouth starts to water. I hear Grayson coming down the stairs. "What's up Rachel" he says and doesn't wait for me to answer he just sits down on the couch. I go in the kitchen and start joining in on Jack and Ethan's conversation then Jack leaves to go to the bathroom leaving me and Ethan in the kitchen alone. I sit on the counter and he sits on it too a foot away from me. "Remember when we made cookies and we burnt them all but we ate them anyways?" I say trying to start a conversation. "Oh yeah! They tasted so bad. Then we told Grayson to eat one and we told him it was a chocolate cookie." I started laughing. "Yeah! And then he spit it on you!" I say still laughing. He starts to laugh too. "Yeah that was gross." We laugh for a couple seconds more and then we stop and it becomes awkward again. I look at him and he is just starting at his feet. "What are you thinking about?" I ask. "Oh just about-" he gets cut off by Jack running in saying "who's ready to eat some cookies?!" I laugh. "They're not even done yet Jack." "Awww that sucks" then he leaves the kitchen. Then it's awkward again. "Is it ever going to be the way it used to be with us?" I ask. "What do you mean?" He says. "I mean are we ever going to be close best friends like we used to be before you know our relationship and stuff." "I don't Rachel, I hope so but I'm just trying to get used to seeing you everyday again after not seeing you for three years." I just nod my head in agreement. "So how's Jessica?" I ask trying to change the subject. "She's good. I haven't seen her in a while actually. A lot has been going on." "Do you love her?" I say regretting asking that as soon as I said it. I don't think I want to know the answer. "I care about her a lot." "But do you love her?" I ask. "In a way, but I just don't think it's in a relationships type way, more like a friend way." "So why are you dating her?" Before he could answer the question the timer goes off meaning the cookies are down. Jack runs in yelling "yay! Cookies!" I just look at Ethan and he looks at me back still thinking about the question that I asked him. I look away and start to help Jack with the cookies. Good job Rachel, you made it even more awkward.