Chapter 7: Good and Bad Memories

(Third POV )

*With (Y/n)*

"How long until we get till hell?" (Y/n) asked. "A couple more minutes." Sam sighed. Ashleigh groaned. "Goddammit! Why does time have to fly by so fast!" Ashleigh complained. (Y/n) sighed and closed her eyes. 'Sometimes I wish I could rewind time and live the best moments of my life again and again.' (Y/n) thought to herself. Even though her life at school is the worst, life outside of school was the best because of her family and her friends.

She's has had so many great memories with them. Like the time (Y/n) and her friends did each others makeup for Halloween. And the time (Y/n) and her friends' parents all had a big get together. Or the time her father brought an eagle home and her mom went crazy. (Y/n) smiled at all the great memories she'd thought about, especially when her mom freaked out when her father really bringing a freaking eagle home. Then (Y/n) frowned. 'Sometimes I wonder how life would be like without-'

"Hey (Y/n), ya thinking of that boy?" Ashleigh probed her. (Y/n)'s eyes snapped open and looked at her friend while blushing. "No Ashleigh! I was not! I'm not like you and think about people to make out with 24/7!" (Y/n) snapped. Ashleigh chuckled.

"Deny all you want, but you've got to admit. The boy was fine." Ashleigh sighed. "What about that girl? Veronica, right?" Sam asked. "She was awesome. A bummer that I didn't get her number." Ashleigh sighed. "Her brother Percy was pretty cool. He likes archery just like me!" Sam stated. "Yes Sam. We know, you've only told us like 50 times." (Y/n) laughed.

"So, what do ya think of that boy (Y/n)?" Ashleigh asked. "He was interesting. He flirted with me before you two showed up." (Y/n) told her. "WHAT!" Ashleigh screamed. "Jesus, are you trying to bust our eardrums?" Sam asked Ashleigh, but Ashleigh ignored her. "And you failed to tell us this?" Ashleigh pointed her finger in (Y/n)'s face.

(Y/n) pushed her finger out her face. "I didn't tell because it wasn't important." (Y/n) told her. "Bullshit it wasn't important!" Ashleigh screeched. "I swear you are a banshee." Sam mumbled. "And I didn't tell because I knew you would try to over think it." (Y/n) stated.

"Well a cute guy flirted with one of my best friends, of course I'm going to overthink it!" Ashleigh groaned. (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you spout out some stuff about 'love at first sight'." (Y/n) said. Ashleigh frowned. "(Y/n), You know that I have first hand experience learning that 'love at first sight' does not exist. Love takes time." Ashleigh stated.

(Y/n) felt guilty. She knew she shouldn't have brought up the words 'love at first sight'. Sam patted Ashleigh's shoulder, giving her a soft smile. (Y/n) sighed. "I'm sorry. I know it doesn't exist. It's just how you go on about love and everything and now that Dylan flirted with me, you believe that we are gonna get married and have children or something." (Y/n) frowned.

"It's great to know that you want me to be happy with dating someone, but I don't want to date some random guy I just met and don't know anything about." (Y/n) told her. "I know you don't. I don't think you'll get married after one date or something. I want you to go on date, get to know them, and get to like them more and more. I want you to take it slow and work up from there. Don't rush everything. That's not how love works." Ashleigh smiled (Y/n). She smiled back. "Thanks Ashleigh." (Y/n) hugged her. Or hugged the seat and her arms since Ashleigh was in the passengers seat and (Y/n) was in the back seat.

Sam smiled at her friends. 'What did I do to deserve them?'. "Besides, I think I already have someone in mind that I want to date." The statement threw Ashleigh and Sam off guard. "Who?" Sam asked. (Y/n) smiled mischievously. (Y/n) sucked a huge breath in and yelled,