Looking At You Makes Me Feel Like I'm On Top Of The World.(Cashton)

Calum did this thing, where he would just sit down in a park, somewhere in New York, or a random bench, or just on a small wall or something, and he'd grab his notebook, and write about the people walking past him, or he'd draw them, or he'd describe the way they look at everything.

It's Calum's thing. He loved watching people since he was young. Whenever he would go out with his parents to a restaurant or a amusement park, he would watch people and make stories up for them, imagining their relationship, their work life and their life at home.

It's something Calum loves to do, because he does not like his own life. He loves to make up perfect life's for other people, seeing as his own wasn't that perfect. Calum had a dad and a mom when he was younger, yes. He had friends, people who cared for him. That all came crashing down at one point.

Calum somehow didn't find the motivation to get out of bed, worrying his mom and dad. They tried to do everything, but Calum couldn't find the motivation nor the energy to do things that made him so happy once.

He fell in a hole he wasn't supposed to be in. His friends slowly started to notice Calum's weird behavior, and went to the principal at school. One thing lead to another, and he had go to a councilor. Calum wasn't pleased with this, so he got mad.

He trashed his whole room when he found out, breaking and shattering everything that could be broken. Ripping pictures apart, constantly yelling, "why can't I be normal?!"

But the thing is, Calum actually never got out of this weird thing. He still couldn't find the motivation sometimes, still wanting to die some days. Calum felt empty.

His body was moving, his brain worked, his heart was pumping blood around his body, his lungs still worked, he was breathing. He was alive, but why didn't he feel alive?

Calum sighs as he sits down on a dark green wooden bench in some small park on the outsides of New York in the early morning hours. He opens his notebook and grabs a pen, waiting for people to come by.

After a few minutes of waiting, kids start to come into the park, parents following suit. The kids started playing hide 'n seek, or pretended they were a family.

Calum's eyes fell on a certain boy. The boy had blond goldish hair, cut short and a tooth showing smile on his face as he looked at a small boy running around behind a girl. The blond boy was wearing a grey winter coat, and black skinny jeans. He had on black combat boots, and a coffee in one hand.

To say he was ugly, was a lie. Calum found it in himself to call the boy attractive. He quickly started on drawing the outlines of the boy's posture, and got completely lost in the scrapping of the pen against the paper.

"Is this seat taken?" A beautiful voice shoots Calum out of his trance, and he looks up to see the blond boy standing in front of him, pointing at the seat next to Calum. Calum shakes his head, as if he can't get words out anymore. He quickly dips his head down again, continuing his drawing.

Now, he had seen the boy from up close, it was a lot easier to do the details. From the crinkles by the boy's eyes, until the beauty of his hazel green eyes. Or his dimples that show as he smiles widely. Calum loves the sight.

"What are you drawing, if I may ask?" The gold haired boy asks, making Calum's head shoot up in shock. He couldn't say he was drawing the boy, that'd be very awkward. "I-I'm drawing a very interesting boy I saw a few days ago." Calum answers the gold haired lad, making him chuckle.

"You remember his features that well? Dâmn, you must have a great memory." Calum giggles but nods, seeing as the boy was kind of right. "My name's Ashton." The boy introduces himself, and Calum blushes as he shakes the boy his hand.

"My name is Calum." He introduces himself as well, and Ashton nods and smiles, his dimples showing. "Is that your son?" Calum points at the boy Ashton was staring at only a few minutes ago, the boy now on the swing set.

"Nah, I'm way to young for that. He's my cousin." Ashton says, and Calum nods. "How old, if I may ask?" Calum then continues. "I'm twenty two, you?"

"Twenty three." Calum wasn't used to be the oldest, his sister always was. "You live around here?" Ashton then asks, and Calum nods.

"A few streets off, you?" Calum closes his notebook, and turns to face the boy he's having a conversation with. "I live a few blocks back, actually." Ashton says, shrugging.

"You draw very well." Ashton says after a few minutes of silence, and Calum smiles at Ashton. "Thank you." He says, and Ashton shakes his head. "No problem, so this boy you were talking about, how does he look?" A smirk plastered across his features as he asks this, and Calum's eyes widen.

"Eh.. He had blond hair? He had beautiful hazel eyes and he was wearing a winter jacket." Calum says, and Ashton nods. "You were drawing me, weren't you?"

Calum shakes his head in denial. "I-I w-wasn't." He stutters, making Ashton chuckle. "You were. It's okay."

"You're just so mesmerizing.." He whispers, and Ashton coo's. "What'd you say about me bringing my cousin home, you finish your drawing here, and I'll pick you up in half an hour." Before Calum can agree, Ashton winks and walks off.

--

"Ash! Can you grab Mila out of her crib please?" Calum says to his husband of four years. "Sure love! Shall I wake up Indy and Jake as well?" Calum nods, giving Ashton a kiss on the cheek, before walking of with a crying Lilac in his hands.

"Shhh baby, here's your bottle.." He whispers, bringing the tip of the bottle to her mouth. She opens it, and immediately starts sucking. "Indy and Jake are getting ready , so they won't miss their first day of school. And, here's our beautiful Mila." Ashton says, sitting down after he kisses Calum's cheek and gives Mila her bottle as well.

Calum and Ashton got married three years after meeting, they've been married for four years now. When they were two years into their relationship, Ashton and Calum bought a house in the suburbs of New York, and started a family.

Lilac and Mila are one and a half year old twins, both from Asia. Jake and Indy are now four years old, they ware from Indonesia. They all got abandoned by their biological families, and were put in an orphanage.

When Ashton and Calum found the older twins, they immediately fell in love. Indy has beautiful brown hair and a fave that looks kind of like Ashton's. Jake has the chubby cheeks they thought looked a lot like Calum, and he also rocked the beautiful brown hair his  sister had.

They found Lilac and Mila about two years later, and they also immediately wanted them. They were so small and looked absolutely adorable. The 'mother' of the orphanage they got them from, was so happy they got a nice home, that Ashton and Calum emailed her every week on how 'her' babies were doing.

They had a beautiful life together.

The end.