The Smell Of Vanilla, Mixed With Light And A Little Darkness. (LASHTON)

Ashton needed light. From a young age, his room was always lit up at every single dark corner the small curly haired boy could find. There were fairy lights that his mom used to hang in the Christmas Tree all over his ceiling, small light bulbs beautiful build into the decor of Ashton's bedroom.

He hated darkness and everything that had to do with it. He had hated it from a young age, and never got over his fear of the dark, his fear of the unknown. According to the curly haired boy, it wasn't scientifically proven that demons, monsters or any sort of form of life that was originally created to scare small children, didn't exist, so he kept his lights up everywhere he could possibly need.

It was like a relief every time Ashton saw the sun coming up in the early hours of the mornings, the house slowly lighting itself with the light the sun gave away. He couldn't be happier as he threw open his curtains every single morning, just to be able to have more light in the house he lived in.

The boy will probably never know where his fear came from, or why it didn't leave. His mom always scared the demons, the monsters away from under the young boy his bed. His dad even made spray that kept away the monsters. Ashton had learned at the age of eleven that it was just vanilla spray, but he kept spraying it, kept believing his dad's words and that the vanilla spray actually scared away the monsters the hazel eyed boy is so afraid off.

That's why, when Ashton slowly flutters his eyes open on a Wednesday morning, in the middle of June, he inhales and the smell of vanilla greets him. The boy smiles and giggles before throwing his legs over the side of the bed, his toes curling at the feeling of the white carpet that adorned the bedroom floor.

''Good morning, world.'' Ashton whispers to no one in particular. He slowly stands up, his knees and elbows cracking at the movements. The smaller boy frowns as he hears no noises in the house, which means that his boyfriend has already left the house. The curly haired boy sighs before waddling towards the door and opening the white polished door towards the huge hallway. He smiles as he sees it's lighten up by the sun, the whole first floor is brimming with sunlight.

The hazel eyed boy pats to the big stairs, slowly walking down the marble stairway. He immediately looks to the right and left, just to make sure that the entire main floor is lit up like a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve.

Before making his way to the kitchen to grab some breakfast, though, he walks off to the left, making his way through the huge corridor, his socks almost slipping over the polished floor.

''Watch your step, princess.'' Ashton squeals as he hears that Luke hasn't left the house yet, the tall blonde boy his arms wrapping around Ashton's small waist. ''Goodmorning, babe.'' The blue eyed boy whispers into his boyfriend's ear, making the smaller boy shiver just the tiniest bit.

''Goodmorning Lukey.. Thanks for leaving the lights on.'' Luke smiles down at him, ''Always, love.''

When Ashton met Luke he was eighteen years old. The small boy just graduated and was unpacking his bags in his small college dorm when he walked in. Luke was his roommate, and immediately questioned why the lights were on, and a few were in the corners of the room. Ashton had a hard time explaining his fear for the dark to the boy. He was afraid of being laughed at, being judged.

After he had finished his story, he expected a loud laugh from the boy and maybe a ''But you're eighteen!? Why are you still afraid of the dark?'' But he didn't get the judging, the laughs nor the question. Instead, Luke stood up and walked out of the room, into the hallway. Now, Ashton was ready to cry, but then the blonde boy came back from out of the corridor. ''These are my ceiling stars, they light up in the dark.'' Ashton couldn't be happier with his new friend when he helped him unpack and hang up the stars.