The Selection (malum)

BEFORE YOU GET YO PANTIES IN A TWIST AND TELL ME I STOLE THE IDEA FROM THE BOOK: THE SELECTION, I HAVE READ THEM ALL, I LOVE THEM ALL TO DEATH AND THIS IS JUST INSPIRED BY IT ALRIGHT SO DONT KILL ME.

All Michael could do was walk around the streets, as he waited for his dad to cool off a bit. He silently lifted his head up, looking at people chatting on the street, smile's on their faces. One women has long blond hair, a white dress hugging her small body as she chats with another women. This women has short brown hair, black pants and a white blouse adorning her body.

The blonde women was obviously a Three, with her expensive looking sunglasses and her rings. The brown haired women is a Five, though. The Three's were most known for the fact that they were teachers or writers, while people who had the title Five were musicians or painters. Michael bowed his head as he walked past them, both of them had a higher rank than him, Michael himself being a Seven.

As he walks by though, he accidentally picks something up from the conversation the two women were having. ''According to Celesta, the Royal Family is starting the selection in a few weeks.. The news will tell the people more tonight..''

All Michael can think about that Celesta is most likely a Two. People with the rank Two sometimes have connections inside the Palace, or are somewhat acquaintances with King David or Queen Joy, or the prince, Calum. He frowns at her words though, not really knowing what to do with himself as he carries on walking, this time towards his house, because, Michael has a twin sister, Mikayla, and she might join the Selection.

Well, she probably won't want to, but his dad will force her into doing it, and if he wouldn't force her, their mom will probably do so. Michael wouldn't even dare to force her, seeing as the girl has gotten quite strong since she grew up.

As Michael sped along the side walk, people stared at him weirdly. It was obvious that the boy was a Seven, his thin legs carrying him across the road as his old and ragged pair of old jeans his father used to wear hugged them. His lose black t-shirt was way too big on him, also coming from his dad's closet.

People could always tell which rank you had, sometimes even by the way you walked, talked or even the colour of your eyes. Michael had green, though, which wasn't seen by many people under the rank Seven.

As Michael sped home, he realized his dad was going to be so proud of him. Since Michael had told his dad about being gay, and the grumpy man had to actually go to the town hall with his son to register his sexuality, his dad had hated Michael.

You were supposed to register your sexuality before you turned sixteen, which was two years ago for Michael. His dad had hated him for over two years.

As Michael pushed open their front door, more like a piece of wood, he heard his dad laugh, his mom's voice soon following after, which meant the man had cooled down from smacking Michael across the face.

''Dad, Mom, Mikayla! I have news!'' He yells as he enters the living room. His parents look at him with wide eyes, his sister storming into the room seconds after Michael had yelled his name.

''Did you take the job at Mr.Renoldsen's house?'' His dad asked the younger boy, him not wanting to take the job being the reason Michael was hit in the first place.

''No dad, but I will tell him I will do it tonight. But I have bigger news! I heard from a women, who's a Three, who was talking to a Five, that a friend of hers, a Two, that the Selection is going to start in a few weeks, which means Mikayla will get her letter.'' He made huge and wide hand motions with his hands while talking, to add more effect to his words.